Referencing main asp dll from HttpModule

craigkenisston

I have an asp.net application.
This have a very special class that I use all over the site code.
I also have an HttpModule which has been working quite fine.
Now, due a strange requirement I need to read some properties from my
very special class from within the HttpModule.
I tried to add the main asp.net dll to the HttpModule and I got an
error about I could not do that because it caused a circular reference.
So, what's the proper approach to circumvent this ?

Scott Allen

One way would be to refactor the very special class into a new class
library project - and then reference the new library from both the web
app and the HttpModule library.