referential integrity xsd schema file

Discussion in 'XML' started by Paul Daly, Jan 12, 2007.

  1. Paul Daly

    Paul Daly Guest

    I have the following xml file:
    http://www.dalyconsulting.com/AutomaticUpdates/AutomaticUpdates.xml

    and the following xsd file:
    http://www.dalyconsulting.com/AutomaticUpdates/AutomaticUpdates.xsd

    I created them using Visual Studio 2005. The designer view of the xsd
    file
    shows the proper relation between application updates and database
    updates.
    (one db update version to many app update versions). However, when I
    open
    both the xml and xsd file in VS, VS will allow ficticious db version
    numbers
    in the app update's database version element.

    I want it so that if there are two database update version numbers...
    1.0
    and 1.1... then only 1.0 or 1.1 should be permitted in the application
    update's databaseversion element.

    I have tried moving around the <xs:keyref to make sure it was in the
    proper
    scope. I've also looked into the xpaths to ensure that I'm selecting
    the
    correct elements. The problem I have is that although the designer
    shows the
    proper relationship I'm looking for (as far as I can tell), it doesn't
    enforce referential integrety.

    What am I doing wrong???

    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Paul Daly, Jan 12, 2007