Validation of XSD (XML Schema) against XSD

Discussion in 'XML' started by Rushi, Dec 6, 2005.

  1. Rushi

    Rushi Guest

    Hi All,

    I know XSD (XML Schema) is very usefull to validate XML file/fragment.
    XMLValidator class of .NET is make it very easy for us.

    But I come here with something new, my question is....
    Is it possible to validate a XSD file agaisnt different XSD file?

    The problem is like this.....
    A client is generating a Schema file, now we want to check that our
    client has create proper Schema file or not.....We want to validate
    client's schema against our schema (they r not identicle, so we don't
    want to check similarity)....

    ie. What relation is in between XML and XSD, i want to create same
    relation with XSD and XSD....

    Thanks & Regards
    Rushikesh

    Rushi, Dec 6, 2005

  2. Rushi

    Guest

    Rushi a écrit :

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I know XSD (XML Schema) is very usefull to validate XML file/fragment.
    > XMLValidator class of .NET is make it very easy for us.
    >
    > But I come here with something new, my question is....
    > Is it possible to validate a XSD file agaisnt different XSD file?

    I think that defining a meta-schema could help you.

    , Dec 9, 2005