    i successful or not.

    Any help is appreciated

    // Katarina

    uck.larsson, Mar 20, 2010

  2. uck.larsson wrote:

    > Im pretty new to both XML validation and C++ (more familiar with
    > Java..) so I guess this is a trivial question.
    >
    > If I have a XML file and a XSD schema, how is the best way to validate
    > them? Id like to to this in c++ without using external libraries, or
    > as little libraries as possible, is it possible? Other ideas of how
    > this can be done?
    > I want a simple solution, the output needed is just if the validation
    > i successful or not.

    I am not familiar with C++ and what is considered core and what is
    considered a library but one validating parser that supports validation
    against a schema is Xerces C++: http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-c/

    If you work on Windows (XP SP 3 or later versions like Windows Vista or
    Windows 7) then you can consider MSXML 6 as that is part of the OS:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms763742(VS.85).aspx

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/

    Martin Honnen, Mar 20, 2010

  3. uck.larsson

    uck.larsson Guest

    On 20 mar, 19:17, Martin Honnen <> wrote:
    > uck.larsson wrote:
    > > Im pretty new to both XML validation and C++ (more familiar with
    > > Java..) so I guess this is a trivial question.

    > > If I have a XML file and a XSD schema, how is the best way to validate
    > > them? Id like to to this in c++ without using external libraries, or
    > > as little libraries as possible, is it possible? Other ideas of how
    > > this can be done?
    > > I want a simple solution, the output needed is just if the validation
    > > i successful or not.

    > I am not familiar with C++ and what is considered core and what is
    > considered a library but one validating parser that supports validation
    > against a schema is Xerces C++:http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-c/
    >
    > If you work on Windows (XP SP 3 or later versions like Windows Vista or
    > Windows 7) then you can consider MSXML 6 as that is part of the OS:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms763742(VS.85).aspx
    >
    > --
    >
    >         Martin Honnen
    >        http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/

    Thanks for your replay, Ill give Xerces C++ a closer look, and Im on
    Mac OS unfortunately

    // Katarina

    uck.larsson, Mar 23, 2010