refresh frame by reload()

WL Yang

Hi all,
I am a new comer, and also a beginner for web page making.

I am making a page with 2 frame, a button was added on the left-side
frame( called frame1 ) to reload the page on the right-side frame (
called frame2 ) by this statment "parent.frame2.location.reload();".
The reload action always success if the right frame's page on the
local server, but not for the pages on other servers. and it shows
error on the status bar of browser too.

am I using the wrong methods or forget to set something inside the
javascript before reloading frame2.

thank you very much for your attention.

WL Yang

Martin Honnen said:
If one frame is on your file system and the other on a http server then
you run into a security restrciction, the so called same origin policy.
However if all frames and the frameset are from the same server there
shouldn't be a problem.
Perhaps post a URL so that other can visit the page and check it.

Dear Martin,

thk so much for yr reponse, could u explain how to post a URL in this case,
do u mean use METHOD=POST to export?

thks a lot