    what does -RELAX option do in ncvhdl. are the designs compiled with and
    without the option set incompatible.

    thanks in adv.

    kk, Aug 1, 2006

  2. kk

    Ajeetha Guest

    Read NC's document on this. I wonder why youy didn't do that before
    posting!

    Regards
    Ajeetha, CVC
    www.noveldv.com
    www.systemverilog.us

    Ajeetha, Aug 1, 2006

  3. kk

    kk Guest

    Thanks for the *novel* suggestion. I posted this only because i didnt
    had the access to NC's documents at that time and i couldn't find that
    in the net too. Anyways i got the answer now.

    kk, Aug 2, 2006
  4. kk

    Ajeetha Guest

    Hi KK,
    Leaving sarcasticism aside, here is some rationale behind that
    *novel* suggestion.

    1. Many vendors support such "relax"/"extended LRM" implementation of
    VHDL - guess b'cos of VHDL's rigidness. (No I'm not against any
    specific language, just my guess on why these options exist: -relax in
    NC, -xlrm in VCSMX etc.)

    2. So what goes under "relax" is heavily customer (and vendor)
    dependent and hence is expected to change across releases - I don't
    work for an EDA vendor, hence can't get more specific than this.

    3. Now you would have realized (after reading their manual) that this
    -relax indeed has several relaxations - sometimes too many to be posted
    here for easy digestion.

    4. Lastly, google search for "ncvhdl -relax" did reveal NC's document
    on web.

    Anyway, I neither intend to sound arrogant, nor apologetic.

    Regards
    Ajeetha, CVC
    www.noveldv.com

    Ajeetha, Aug 6, 2006