Remote Scripting - Migrate ASP to ASP.NET

Xavier MT

Hi, does anybody use remote scripting on your asp pages?

I want to upgrade to asp.net but I cannot include the remote scripting
because I'm already using VB as a server language.

Any ideas?

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi Xavier,

You may have seen these, but just in case...

"Remote Scripting from Microsoft Visual InterDev 6.0 that is used in Active
Server Pages (ASP) is not directly supported in ASP.NET. Migrate Remote
Scripting procedures to .NET XML Web services and consume them in Microsoft
Internet Explorer with Internet Explorer Web Service behaviors."

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319513

Remote Scripting in a .NET World

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnclinic/html/scripting11122001.asp

--
Microsoft MVPs have a question for *you*: Are you patched against the Worm?
http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp

Hi, does anybody use remote scripting on your asp pages?

I want to upgrade to asp.net but I cannot include the remote scripting
because I'm already using VB as a server language.

Any ideas?

Guest

Also have a search for Thycotic remote scripting - great little tool if you
don't want to limit yourself to IE as the client-side browser as the
solutions Ken posted do.

Cheers

Chris