Removing horizontal scrollbar

MeDoingWeb

PROBLEM: Horizontal scrollbars pop up in text boxes where only vertical
scrollbars are desired.

I have multiple css-positioned <div>-text boxes. These contain a more text
than can be displayed in them, thus scrollbar is needed.

To maintain the clean look, only vertical scrollbars would be needed.
However, also horizontal scrollbars show up.

The scrollbar use is defined with the div's 'overflow' attribute (set to
'auto').

Is there any way to get rid of the horizontal scrollbars? Only vertical
scrollbars would be nice.

Any ideas?

''''''J (to email, remove upper case letters)

rf

Why crosspost to some obscure netscape newsgroup? [removed, it's not on my
server]

MeDoingWeb said:
PROBLEM: Horizontal scrollbars pop up in text boxes where only vertical
scrollbars are desired.

At your canvas size with your font size?
I have multiple css-positioned <div>-text boxes. These contain a more text
than can be displayed in them, thus scrollbar is needed.

Ouch. URL? It sounds rather anti usable :)
To maintain the clean look, only vertical scrollbars would be needed.
However, also horizontal scrollbars show up.

Fix your content so as to eliminate horizontal scrolling.
The scrollbar use is defined with the div's 'overflow' attribute (set to
'auto').

Fine. However In most cases overflow is not required. Just let the content
flow and let the browser determine the dimensions of the document.
Is there any way to get rid of the horizontal scrollbars? Only vertical
scrollbars would be nice.
Any ideas?

Fix your design?

Cheers
Richard.

Tom

Why crosspost to some obscure netscape newsgroup? [removed, it's not on my
server]

Rich,
How do you know this was cross posted? Isee this remark all
the time and I never see anything to tell me a person has cross
posted. I use Free Agent as my reader, is this the reason I can't see
it.
Tom

Steve Pugh

Why crosspost to some obscure netscape newsgroup? [removed, it's not on my
server]

How do you know this was cross posted? Isee this remark all
the time and I never see anything to tell me a person has cross
posted. I use Free Agent as my reader, is this the reason I can't see
it.

Press CTRL+H to see all the header fields in a message. The Newsgroups
header shows which groups a message has been posted to.

Steve

Duende

While sitting in a puddle brucie scribbled in the mud:
in post: <
Tom said:
Why crosspost to some obscure netscape newsgroup? [removed, it's not on my
server]
How do you know this was cross posted?

the background of the subject column is light red for posts that are
xposted.
I use Free Agent as my reader,

i use a direct neural uplink thingy

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=4818

AI Wars: The Awakening is an innovative and very underrated FPS that
requires a lot of effort to learn. But your patience will be well rewarded
with a unique and captivating blend of action and strategy genres. Excerpts
from this review at Adrenaline Vault explain pretty well the basics of a
hard-to-explain concept:

"Unlike today's Internet, the NET [in AI Wars] is one worldwide computer
network incorporating all the information from previous networks. Expert
applications, or agents, have been created to collect and interpret
information for their outside human masters. Technology advances in virtual
reality have gone even further than controlling these agents via a
keyboard. Scientists at MIT invented a direct neural mechanism that allows
you to connect directly with your agent giving you greater control and
flexibility. The first explorers of this cyberspace world were, and are
called, cybernauts. These days cybernauts have become known as avatars and
it is this role you take upon yourself.

http://tinyurl.com/24jj7

Neuralinks: Since the creation of the Escape (an artificial virtual
reality), it has become necessary to implant Neuralinks. Small, hidden I/O
ports located directly behind the earlobes, just in the hollow above the
jawline that allow a datajack to be inserted for Escape access. The direct
neural interface has proved to be the quickest and most accurate method of
linking to computer systems to current date.