res protocal for point to swf resource file

Discussion in 'C++' started by John, Aug 18, 2006.

  1. John

    John Guest

    Can some one please help me with this code?
    I've spend 2 days on it. And I see the question all over the place but
    I do not see the answer. No on is answering the question I am about to
    ask.

    I am trying to (inside my c++ exe file) include a resource (my swf)
    file and open it the Create Window command I found at the following
    url.

    http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/FlashGui.asp

    This page showed me how to display my SWF file from my c++ program with
    just 3 lines of code that. It's a miracle because everywhere I
    checked they made it see so hard; using 100's of lines of code. And the
    example didn't even work. This page is really great. I haven't tried
    the other part of the code. But supposedly with another 10 lines of
    code he shows you how to get messages from flash.

    Find this code was such a relief, but they the author says very
    casually:

    "Also worth noting is fact that you can insert swf file as resource and
    have everything in one executable. Path to your flash (second param to
    createwindow) would be then in this format
    res://YOUR_EXE_PATH/YOUR_RES_NAME"

    Several people have questioned him on this but he has not answered
    them.

    Can some one from this group go to this URL and answer this question.

    I think I've been able to add my SWF file as a resource.

    I am using the following code with the res protocol to get to the swf
    but its not working:

    CreateWindow("AtlAxWin", "res://C:\Documents and
    Settings\kourosh.keshavarzi\My Documents\Visual Studio
    2005\Projects\runXApp\debug\runXApp.exe/#135",
    WS_VISIBLE|WS_POPUP,0,0,GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXSCREEN),GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYSCREEN),0,0,0,0);

    I've tried several variation of this but none work.

    May be I created my resource wrong. I'm not sure how to get all these
    ids.
    I've only been trying to learn and do c++ for a couple of month now.

    Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

    Kourosh

    John, Aug 18, 2006

  2. John

    Jim Langston Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > Can some one please help me with this code?
    > I've spend 2 days on it. And I see the question all over the place but
    > I do not see the answer. No on is answering the question I am about to
    > ask.
    >
    > I am trying to (inside my c++ exe file) include a resource (my swf)
    > file and open it the Create Window command I found at the following
    > url.
    >
    > http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/FlashGui.asp
    >
    > This page showed me how to display my SWF file from my c++ program with
    > just 3 lines of code that. It's a miracle because everywhere I
    > checked they made it see so hard; using 100's of lines of code. And the
    > example didn't even work. This page is really great. I haven't tried
    > the other part of the code. But supposedly with another 10 lines of
    > code he shows you how to get messages from flash.
    >
    > Find this code was such a relief, but they the author says very
    > casually:
    >
    > "Also worth noting is fact that you can insert swf file as resource and
    > have everything in one executable. Path to your flash (second param to
    > createwindow) would be then in this format
    > res://YOUR_EXE_PATH/YOUR_RES_NAME"
    >
    > Several people have questioned him on this but he has not answered
    > them.
    >
    > Can some one from this group go to this URL and answer this question.
    >
    > I think I've been able to add my SWF file as a resource.
    >
    > I am using the following code with the res protocol to get to the swf
    > but its not working:
    >
    > CreateWindow("AtlAxWin", "res://C:\Documents and
    > Settings\kourosh.keshavarzi\My Documents\Visual Studio
    > 2005\Projects\runXApp\debug\runXApp.exe/#135",
    > WS_VISIBLE|WS_POPUP,0,0,GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXSCREEN),GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYSCREEN),0,0,0,0);

    \ is the escape character. I.E. "\n" is a newline. If you actually want
    to put a backslash inside of a quoted string you have to put two. "\\"
    becomes "\"

    Try changing all the \'s in your path name to \\ and see if it works.

    Other than that, this is windows specific.

    Jim Langston, Aug 18, 2006