Resize/Compress Images

Barkster

Are there any resources in the form of tutorials or anything that show
how to do client side image resizing before uploading. I'm using
thinimage and works great but I'm just interested in seeing how it is
done. I can't find anything on it. I know how to resize,compress
after uploading in php but would like to see how build my own small
java app to do it. Thanks

Rhino

Barkster said:
Are there any resources in the form of tutorials or anything that show
how to do client side image resizing before uploading. I'm using
thinimage and works great but I'm just interested in seeing how it is
done. I can't find anything on it. I know how to resize,compress
after uploading in php but would like to see how build my own small
java app to do it. Thanks
Have you looked at the Java Image I/O classes?

M. Fernandez

Barkster said:
Are there any resources in the form of tutorials or anything that show
how to do client side image resizing before uploading. I'm using
thinimage and works great but I'm just interested in seeing how it is
done. I can't find anything on it. I know how to resize,compress
after uploading in php but would like to see how build my own small
java app to do it. Thanks

Check on the Image class for the method

getScaledInstance(int width, int height, int hints)

There are some examples in the tutorial of Java2D by Sun.

good luck

Marcelo