response.redirect

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Ray at, Nov 28, 2003.

  1. Ray at

    Ray at Guest

    Take a look here. http://www.aspfaq.com/5005

    Ray at work

    "Tim" <> wrote in message
    > response.redirect seems to urlencode a querystring thrown across at it..
    >
    > is there a way to disable this function that anyone knows of?
    >
    > ie..
    > response.redirect "http://www.blurb.com/default.asp?test=sweet+%26+sour"
    >
    > actually comes back after the redirect with the % urlencoded which

    obviously
    > considering its been given the encoding anyway is a nightmare.. ie
    > "http://www.blurb.com/default.asp?test=sweet+%2526+sour"
    >
    > and subsequent redirections would just keep replacing the starting % with
    > %25...
    >
    > anyone got any ideas on this one? or know if it can be disabled through

    IIS

    Tim, Nov 29, 2003

  3. Ray at

    Tim Guest

    > "Tim" <> wrote in message
    > > response.redirect seems to urlencode a querystring thrown across at it..
    > >
    > > is there a way to disable this function that anyone knows of?
    > >
    > > ie..
    > > response.redirect "http://www.blurb.com/default.asp?test=sweet+%26+sour"
    > >
    > > actually comes back after the redirect with the % urlencoded which

    > obviously
    > > considering its been given the encoding anyway is a nightmare.. ie
    > > "http://www.blurb.com/default.asp?test=sweet+%2526+sour"
    > >
    > > and subsequent redirections would just keep replacing the starting %

    with
    > > %25...
    > >
    > > anyone got any ideas on this one? or know if it can be disabled through

    > IIS
    > > somehow?
    > >
    > > running win2k with IIS5
    > >
    > > Tom

    > Take a look here. http://www.aspfaq.com/5005
    >
    > Ray at work

    Sorry Ray.. the clock was correct, but the timezone was wrong... hopefully
    sorted now.. anyway back to the problem..

    Anyone have any ideas on this response.redirect thing?

    currently I have stopped using it and instead am using

    function redirecturl(url)
    response.clear
    response.status="302 Object moved"
    response.AddHeader "location",url
    response.end
    end function

    Can anyone tell me if there is a way to use the response.redirect or if not
    then what the differences between response.redirect and the above code will
    be
    Tim, Dec 1, 2003