    the Active Directory?
    Thx
    Patrick

    Patrick Olurotimi Ige, Dec 29, 2004

  2. Patrick Olurotimi Ige

    Paul Clement Guest

    Paul Clement, Dec 29, 2004

  3. Patrick Olurotimi Ige

    Guest

    Sure. What's the problem you're having?
    , Dec 30, 2004
  4. Thx Paul for the link..
    But when u try that code(guess it has flaws!) ...u won't authenticate
    with GROUPS and u wouldn't retrieve the GROUPS..
    My aim is to have a form authentication validating against Active
    Direcctory with Roles....
    But getting GROUPS/ROLES to validate against poses a problem..
    So doing authorisation poses a problem since i can't get groups/roles..
    Any ideas?

    Patrick Olurotimi Ige, Dec 31, 2004
  5. Patrick Olurotimi Ige

    Paul Clement Guest

    On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 14:42:43 -0800, Patrick Olurotimi Ige <> wrote:

    ¤ Thx Paul for the link..
    ¤ But when u try that code(guess it has flaws!) ...u won't authenticate
    ¤ with GROUPS and u wouldn't retrieve the GROUPS..
    ¤ My aim is to have a form authentication validating against Active
    ¤ Direcctory with Roles....
    ¤ But getting GROUPS/ROLES to validate against poses a problem..
    ¤ So doing authorisation poses a problem since i can't get groups/roles..
    ¤ Any ideas?

    I don't understand what you are saying. Groups, or Roles, are essentially the same thing. The link I
    posted will return the group membership of the user.

    If you want to authentication against Active Directory using Forms-based authentication then see the
    following:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326340

    Paul ~~~
    Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
    Paul Clement, Jan 3, 2005
  6. No Paul they don't return GROUP membership.
    The code works only if i comment out the GetGroup function.
    Any ideas?

    Patrick Olurotimi Ige, Mar 17, 2005
  7. Patrick Olurotimi Ige

    Paul Clement Guest

    On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 04:33:35 -0800, Patrick Olurotimi Ige <> wrote:

    ¤ No Paul they don't return GROUP membership.
    ¤ The code works only if i comment out the GetGroup function.
    ¤ Any ideas?
    ¤

    The memberOf method should return the LDAP path for each group that the account is a member. Are you
    saying that no groups are being returned?

    Paul
    ~~~~
    Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
    Paul Clement, Mar 17, 2005