    Any suggestion?

    Regards,
    Amit
    Amit, Jun 10, 2007

  2. Amit wrote:
    > Hello group,
    >
    > Does anybody know what ROUND ROBIN is? I'm looking for an online
    > article or page which describes it in digital design. my goal is
    > writing a round robin arbiter.
    >
    > Any suggestion?

    Wikipedia?
    David R Brooks, Jun 10, 2007

  3. Amit

    HT-Lab Guest

    "Amit" <> wrote in message

    > Hello group,
    >
    > Does anybody know what ROUND ROBIN is? I'm looking for an online
    > article or page which describes it in digital design. my goal is
    > writing a round robin arbiter.
    >
    > Any suggestion?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Amit

    for some basic info:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Round-robin_scheduling

    then continue with google, lots of info .....

    Hans
    www.ht-lab.com
    HT-Lab, Jun 10, 2007
  4. Amit

    Amit Guest

    On Jun 10, 11:26 am, David R Brooks <> wrote:
    > Amit wrote:
    > > Hello group,

    > > Does anybody know what ROUND ROBIN is? I'm looking for an online
    > > article or page which describes it in digital design. my goal is
    > > writing a round robin arbiter.

    > > Any suggestion?

    > Wikipedia?

    Thanks for your response. Meantime I found this link on asic-world.com
    however, there is no documentation or even comment to explain briefly
    what singals are used and why?

    Would you please tell me what these signals are for?

    ----------------Internal Registers-----------------
    signal gnt, lgnt :std_logic_vector (1 downto 0);
    signal comreq, lcomreq :std_logic;
    signal beg, ledge :std_logic;
    signal lgnt0, lgnt1 :std_logic;
    signal lgnt2, lgnt3 :std_logic;
    signal lmask0, lmask1 :std_logic;
    signal lasmask :std_logic;

    Regards,
    Amit
    Amit, Jun 10, 2007
  5. Amit

    quantum_dot

    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2006
    Messages:
    31
    my suggestion is : do not jump onto the code straightaway. Go through the algorithm then probably you would understand the interface or may be you can write your own source code

    :driver:
    quantum_dot, Jun 11, 2007
  6. Amit <> posted:
    "Does anybody know what ROUND ROBIN is? I'm looking for an online
    article or page which describes it in digital design. my goal is
    writing a round robin arbiter.

    Any suggestion?"

    Hello.

    The round robin group of policies is a group of scheduling
    policies. It sounds as if you are trying to write an arbiter for a
    bus. Many texts would treat round robin policies in the context of
    scheduling operating system tasks, but you can still read these and
    mentally replace the concept of processing time with whatever it is
    your arbiter grants. So, find a textbook on for example operating
    systems or realtime software and check for round robin in its index.

    Regards,
    Colin Paul Gloster
    Colin Paul Gloster, Jun 11, 2007
  7. Amit

    Amit Guest

    On Jun 11, 6:51 am, Colin Paul Gloster <>
    wrote:
    > Amit <> posted:
    > "Does anybody know what ROUND ROBIN is? I'm looking for an online
    > article or page which describes it in digital design. my goal is
    > writing a round robin arbiter.
    >
    > Any suggestion?"
    >
    > Hello.
    >
    > The round robin group of policies is a group of scheduling
    > policies. It sounds as if you are trying to write an arbiter for a
    > bus. Many texts would treat round robin policies in the context of
    > scheduling operating system tasks, but you can still read these and
    > mentally replace the concept of processing time with whatever it is
    > your arbiter grants. So, find a textbook on for example operating
    > systems or realtime software and check for round robin in its index.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Colin Paul Gloster

    Thanks Colin,

    You are right because I was looking at digital design books but
    nothing I found I looked at 5 or 6 book those which explain the
    fundanmental or vhdl programming but nothing there.

    Thanks for your response.

    Regards,
    ak
    Amit, Jun 11, 2007