RSH hangs and doesn't exit

jordan.mccheyne

I am running an RSH command through a Visual Studio 2005 app written
in c++. I am using a ShellExecuteEx to run the command. If the user
has Windows 2000, the RSH command completes correctly but the black
DOS window that comes up as the RSH is executing never goes away. It
just hangs there like the command never completes. In Windows XP, I
do not have this problem, the RSH window goes away after the RSH
completes. Does anyone know why this would be happening? If I can
provide any more information, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Jordan

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=

I am running an RSH command through a Visual Studio 2005 app written
in c++. I am using a ShellExecuteEx to run the command. If the user
has Windows 2000, the RSH command completes correctly but the black
DOS window that comes up as the RSH is executing never goes away. It
just hangs there like the command never completes. In Windows XP, I
do not have this problem, the RSH window goes away after the RSH
completes. Does anyone know why this would be happening? If I can
provide any more information, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

This groups is for questions about the C++ language, for platform-
specific questions please try a group for your platform. One of the
microsoft.public.* groups should do. Just a though, have you checked the
documentation of ShellExecuteEx on MSDN?