RSS Feeds

mike

hello, im looking for a program (php or something simaler) to install on my
server that will decode RSS feeds so that they appear normally on my site.

For instance : http://news.google.com/?output=rss is a free RSS feed from
google that updates all the time.

I would like to install a server based program that can decode and display
the feeds normally.

Is there a particular RSS program that is more popular then others? i would
like to have the most common and basic program installed.

any info would be great.

thx

MB

Roy Schestowitz

__/ [mike] on Tuesday 20 December 2005 01:17 \__
hello, im looking for a program (php or something simaler) to install on my
server that will decode RSS feeds so that they appear normally on my site.

For instance : http://news.google.com/?output=rss is a free RSS feed from
google that updates all the time.

I would like to install a server based program that can decode and display
the feeds normally.

Is there a particular RSS program that is more popular then others? i would
like to have the most common and basic program installed.

any info would be great.

thx

MB

What you are probably looking for are blog aggregators and the likes of them,
e.g.

http://www.planetplanet.org/

Just follow the link trail as the tools (namely parsers) should be free.

Also see:

http://rsstoblog.com/

Be warned as it is often used for scraping, i.e. plagiarism. It's very
notorious.

Hope it helps,

Roy

mike

I need something thats mainstream, uses PHP, and is installed on the server.
the 2nd link you provided looks like a desktop type application.

Roy Schestowitz

__/ [mike] on Tuesday 20 December 2005 01:55 \__
I need something thats mainstream, uses PHP, and is installed on the
server. the 2nd link you provided looks like a desktop type application.

There you go...

http://freshmeat.net/projects/rss2html/

Please quote when replying. Your message floats without any context and will
allude to nothing, which might confuse readers.

Best wishes,

Roy

Roy Schestowitz

__/ [Mark Parnell] on Tuesday 20 December 2005 03:57 \__
Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Roy Schestowitz

12345679 x 8 = 98765432 :)

Thanks. New sig!

Roy