    any info would be great.

    thx

    MB
    mike, Dec 20, 2005

  2. __/ [mike] on Tuesday 20 December 2005 01:17 \__

    > hello, im looking for a program (php or something simaler) to install on my
    > server that will decode RSS feeds so that they appear normally on my site.
    >
    > For instance : http://news.google.com/?output=rss is a free RSS feed from
    > google that updates all the time.
    >
    > I would like to install a server based program that can decode and display
    > the feeds normally.
    >
    > Is there a particular RSS program that is more popular then others? i would
    > like to have the most common and basic program installed.
    >
    > any info would be great.
    >
    > thx
    >
    > MB

    What you are probably looking for are blog aggregators and the likes of them,
    e.g.

    http://www.planetplanet.org/

    Just follow the link trail as the tools (namely parsers) should be free.

    Also see:

    http://rsstoblog.com/

    Be warned as it is often used for scraping, i.e. plagiarism. It's very
    notorious.

    Hope it helps,

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz | "Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector"
    http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
    Roy Schestowitz, Dec 20, 2005

  3. mike

    mike Guest

    I need something thats mainstream, uses PHP, and is installed on the server.
    the 2nd link you provided looks like a desktop type application.
    mike, Dec 20, 2005
  4. __/ [mike] on Tuesday 20 December 2005 01:55 \__

    > I need something thats mainstream, uses PHP, and is installed on the
    > server. the 2nd link you provided looks like a desktop type application.

    There you go...

    http://freshmeat.net/projects/rss2html/

    Please quote when replying. Your message floats without any context and will
    allude to nothing, which might confuse readers.

    Best wishes,

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: 111111 X 111111 = 12345654321
    http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
    Roy Schestowitz, Dec 20, 2005
  5. mike

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Roy Schestowitz
    <> spouted in alt.html:

    > Useless fact: 111111 X 111111 = 12345654321

    12345679 x 8 = 98765432 :)

    --
    Mark Parnell
    Att. Google Groups users - this is your last warning:
    Mark Parnell, Dec 20, 2005
  6. (OT) Fun Maths (Was: Re: RSS Feeds)

    __/ [Mark Parnell] on Tuesday 20 December 2005 03:57 \__

    > Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Roy Schestowitz
    > <> spouted in alt.html:
    >
    >> Useless fact: 111111 X 111111 = 12345654321

    > 12345679 x 8 = 98765432 :)

    Thanks. New sig!

    Roy

    --