Ruby multimedia player

Tim H.

Hello,

I hope this is the right place to put this--if it's not, could someone
please tell me a better place. Thanks.

I'm new to ruby, but I really like it. I'm trying to make a multimedia
program, and plan to use Phonon (http://phonon.kde.org/), but all the
documentation I've found is written in C++, and I've been finding it
hard to translate it into ruby.
If someone could translate this
(http://api.kde.org/4.0-api/kdelibs-apidocs/phonon/html/phonon_tut1.html)
sample media player into ruby, I think I could figure it out from there.

Thanks a lot!

alex fenton

I'm new to ruby, but I really like it. I'm trying to make a multimedia
program,

I don't know how it's done in KDE, but in wxRuby you can use the
Wx::MediaCtrl class to play sound and video on Windows, OS X and
Linux. A small sample program is here:

http://wxruby.rubyforge.org/svn/trunk/wxruby2/samples/media/mediactrl.rb

At the moment MediaCtrl is only in Subversion, so you'll have to
compile yourself. But there should be a wxRuby binary release with
this feature included in the next couple of weeks.

alex