RubyConf 2004

Richard Kilmer

Hi,

In message "Re: RubyConf 2004"

|Tentatively October 1-3 in Washington DC/Northern VA.

Bad news is this would be a first conference without me.
Good news is that we are expecting our baby on October.

Bring them all along! We have decent doctors here in DC ;-)

Seriously, I hope everything goes great, we will miss you
very much...hm...maybe we could set up a video conference!
No, its name is not going to be Rite.

I am sure he/she will be just rite though ;-)

Paul Duncan

--Wt10+cXOThorkX0z

* Yukihiro Matsumoto ([email protected]) said:
Hi,
=20
In message "Re: RubyConf 2004"
=20
|Tentatively October 1-3 in Washington DC/Northern VA.
=20
Bad news is this would be a first conference without me.
Good news is that we are expecting our baby on October.

That's okay, I already have your autograph. What would you be doing at
a Ruby conference anyway?

;-) ;-) ;-)
No, its name is not going to be Rite.

How about "Pols" instead? The other option is to put up your top 5
ideas on rubygarden and let people vote on it.
matz.
=20

--=20
Paul Duncan <[email protected]> pabs in #ruby-lang (OPN IRC)
http://www.pablotron.org/ OpenPGP Key ID: 0x82C29562

--Wt10+cXOThorkX0z

--Wt10+cXOThorkX0z--

Jos Backus

Some feedback: rdoc and ri still don't work out of the box:

C:\Ruby\bin>rdoc --version
c:\Ruby\bin\ruby.exe: No such file or directory -- c:/Ruby/bin/rdoc.rb
(LoadErro
r)

C:\Ruby\bin>ri --version
The system cannot find the drive specified.

C:\Ruby\bin>

bin/rdoc needs to be renamed rdoc.rb.
bin/ri needs to be renamed ri.rb.

The paths at the top of ri.bat are still wrong:

E:\Dev\RubyDev\rubyinstaller\cvs-repo\installer\stable\bin\ruby -x
"E:\Dev\RubyDev\rubyinstaller\cvs-repo\installer\stable/bin/ri.bat" %1 %2 %3
%4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

After I fixed the above I tried running:

C:\Ruby\bin>ri 'Array.[]'
No ri documentation found in:
C:/Ruby/share/ri/1.8/system
C:/Ruby/share/ri/1.8/site
c:\dev/.rdoc

Was rdoc run to create documentation?

C:\Ruby\bin>

So I ran `rdoc -R' in C:/Ruby. Finally, after several minutes rdoc dies with
the following message:

proxyserver.rb: mmm..c...c...c..
Generating RI...
c:/Ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/rdoc/markup/simple_markup/to_flow.rb:92:in `accept_rule': u
ndefined local variable or method `size' for #<SM::ToFlow:0xc5ea900> (NameError)

from c:/Ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/rdoc/markup/simple_markup/fragments.rb:170:in
`accept'
from c:/Ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/rdoc/markup/simple_markup/fragments.rb:165:in
`each'
from c:/Ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/rdoc/markup/simple_markup/fragments.rb:165:in
`accept'
from c:/Ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/rdoc/markup/simple_markup.rb:259:in `convert'
from c:/Ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/rdoc/generators/ri_generator.rb:224:in `markup
'
from c:/Ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/rdoc/generators/ri_generator.rb:107:in `genera
te_class_info'
from c:/Ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/rdoc/generators/ri_generator.rb:90:in `process
_class'
from c:/Ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/rdoc/generators/ri_generator.rb:85:in `generat
e'
from c:/Ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/rdoc/generators/ri_generator.rb:84:in `each'
from c:/Ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/rdoc/generators/ri_generator.rb:84:in `generat
e'
from c:/Ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/rdoc/rdoc.rb:210:in `document'
from c:/Ruby/bin/rdoc.rb:63

C:\Ruby>

--
Jos Backus _/ _/_/_/ Sunnyvale, CA
_/ _/ _/

David Alan Black

Hi --

Hi,

In message "Re: RubyConf 2004"

|Tentatively October 1-3 in Washington DC/Northern VA.

Bad news is this would be a first conference without me.
Good news is that we are expecting our baby on October.

We'll miss you, but that's great news.
No, its name is not going to be Rite.

How about 2.0? :)

David

James Britt

Yukihiro said:
Hi,

In message "Re: RubyConf 2004"

|Tentatively October 1-3 in Washington DC/Northern VA.

Bad news is this would be a first conference without me.
Good news is that we are expecting our baby on October.

No, its name is not going to be Rite.

Maybe not, but you'll be getting an awful lot of change requests.

:)

James Britt

Joel VanderWerf

James said:
Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote: ...

Maybe not, but you'll be getting an awful lot of change requests.

:)

Nubys always seem to generate lots of those ;)

Dick Davies

* Yukihiro Matsumoto said:
Hi,

In message "Re: RubyConf 2004"

|Tentatively October 1-3 in Washington DC/Northern VA.

Bad news is this would be a first conference without me.
Good news is that we are expecting our baby on October.
Congratulations!

No, its name is not going to be Rite.

How about Pearl? hee hee...

Jos Backus

I saw this same problem with Ruby CVS as well.

Fwiw, today's CVS HEAD otoh seems to work fine (on FreeBSD). So hopefully
when 1.8.2 comes out and the Windows installer is updated, ri will work, joy
:)

Cheers,
Jos, promoting Ruby at Microsoft
--