RubyConf Hotel -- they now say they *do* have rooms

David A. Black

Dear everyone,

Sorry for all the confusion. I spoke to our contact at the hotel, and
he said they do have rooms, including some still in our block of
rooms.

He also said that if you have trouble or are told they're sold out,
you should talk to him (Bob Janis).

The number at the hotel is (703) 815-6060.

I have absolute no idea whatsoever why this happened. (I suspect some
kind of straightforward computer screw-up, since their website told me
as of about an hour ago that there were no rooms left at the hotel.)
I just hope that it goes smoothly from now on.

Thanks for your patience --

David

Jim Weirich

David A. Black said:
Dear everyone,

Sorry for all the confusion. I spoke to our contact at the hotel, and
he said they do have rooms, including some still in our block of
rooms. [...]
The number at the hotel is (703) 815-6060.

I can confirm that they are still taking reservations for the Ruby
Conference. I just got done booking a room. I used the number above and
had no problem.

Thanks David for looking into this.

Tim Hunter

David said:
Dear everyone,

Sorry for all the confusion. I spoke to our contact at the hotel, and
he said they do have rooms, including some still in our block of
rooms.

He also said that if you have trouble or are told they're sold out,
you should talk to him (Bob Janis).

The number at the hotel is (703) 815-6060.

I have absolute no idea whatsoever why this happened. (I suspect some
kind of straightforward computer screw-up, since their website told me
as of about an hour ago that there were no rooms left at the hotel.)
I just hope that it goes smoothly from now on.

Thanks for your patience --

David

Yes, I just booked a room there at the conference rate. Now to go cancel the
other one.

Thanks, David!