    How does it effect debugging my .NET application?

    Thank You,
    Satish Pasala

    SatishPasala, Nov 15, 2005

  2. SatishPasala

    PL Guest

    You have IIS5 on the Windows cd, just put it in and go into
    windows components, then either reinstall the .NET Framework
    or run aspnet_regiis on the command prompt.

    PL.

    PL, Nov 15, 2005

  3. re:
    > I am right now working on a Windows 2000
    > Professional system which does not support IIS.
    > How do I configure my Visual Studio.NET to use the remote IIS?

    Install IIS on W2K Pro, develop your app with VS.NET and publish your
    website the regular way, or use VS.NET's internal web server to develop
    your Application and publish your website the regular way.

    Juan T. Llibre, ASP.NET MVP
    ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ASPNETFAQ.COM : http://www.aspnetfaq.com/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Nov 15, 2005
  4. SatishPasala

    SatishPasala Guest

    to clarify I need to use a remote IIS server which already exists ...

    SatishPasala, Nov 15, 2005
  5. re:
    > I need to use a remote IIS server which already exists

    No, you do not.

    That would be contrary to best practices, which recommend
    that a production server should *never* be used to debug anything.

    Create and debug your app on your local box
    ....and publish your app, when it has been debugged, to your remote server.

    Juan T. Llibre, Nov 15, 2005
  6. SatishPasala

    SatishPasala Guest

    the IIS server is a development one ... everyone should connect to the
    IIS server

    The application will later be deployed in production server ..

    satish

    SatishPasala, Nov 15, 2005
  7. To create remote web sites for VS 2002/2003 :
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...developingwebprojectsusingvisualstudionet.asp

    To setup remote debugging :
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318041

    For VS 2005 :