    I've tried the eclipse.exe -clean command already.

    I've uninstalled and then reinstalled the Java 5.0 JDK already.
    , Nov 3, 2006

  2. Daniel Pitts Guest

    wrote:
    > I made a math program as a project for my Java class, but I've suddenly
    > run into problems. The program runs perfectly in Eclipse, but when I
    > export it as a .jar, the program will run almost perfectly, but not
    > quite; there are some math problems that aren't displayed. I've used
    > both Eclipse's .jar exporter and the fatjar plugin, but both produce
    > .jar's with the same problem. Does anyone know what is wrong? I
    > appreciate any help.
    >
    > You can download the programs .jar w/source code at:
    > http://www.kerensky.tierranet.com/temp/euclid.jar
    >
    > Also:
    > The specific math problems that aren't working are the Surface Area and
    > Volume: Rectangular Rectangle, Right Circular Cylinder, and Right
    > Pyramid.
    >
    > This isn't a case with jar's inside of jar's.
    >
    > I've tried the eclipse.exe -clean command already.
    >
    > I've uninstalled and then reinstalled the Java 5.0 JDK already.

    Without spending the time to download your jar (try using an sscce
    http://www.physci.org/codes/sscce/), my guess is that you might be
    accessing properties on UI components outside of the EDT. The swing
    spec has some specifics about threading that many people don't fully
    understand. Threads and Swing is a good place to start
    http://java.sun.com/products/jfc/tsc/articles/threads/threads1.html.

    If you aren't using the EDT the way you're supposed to, you get
    concurrency problems which can manifest in undefined behaviour.
    Daniel Pitts, Nov 3, 2006

    OK I found the problem. Some .pngs I use in the program had a character
    in the filename accidently mis-capitalized. Wish Eclipse would have
    shown me an error or something, it would have been much easier to
    de-bug.

    wrote:
    > I made a math program as a project for my Java class, but I've suddenly
    > run into problems. The program runs perfectly in Eclipse, but when I
    > export it as a .jar, the program will run almost perfectly, but not
    > quite; there are some math problems that aren't displayed. I've used
    > both Eclipse's .jar exporter and the fatjar plugin, but both produce
    > .jar's with the same problem. Does anyone know what is wrong? I
    > appreciate any help.
    >
    > You can download the programs .jar w/source code at:
    > http://www.kerensky.tierranet.com/temp/euclid.jar
    >
    > Also:
    > The specific math problems that aren't working are the Surface Area and
    > Volume: Rectangular Rectangle, Right Circular Cylinder, and Right
    > Pyramid.
    >
    > This isn't a case with jar's inside of jar's.
    >
    > I've tried the eclipse.exe -clean command already.
    >
    > I've uninstalled and then reinstalled the Java 5.0 JDK already.
    , Nov 4, 2006