RWB: call for feedback|developers

pat eyler

_What is RWB_

RWB, the Ruby Web Bench, provides a simple way to manage a
performance and load tests suite for your webserver. Unlike ab, by
which it was inspired, it will allow you to build a collection of test URLs
with corresponding weights which it will use to generate the actual tests
that it runs (and reports on).

RWB could be used for:
- testing your website to ensure that it performs within timing
requirements
- testing a new webserver to verify that performance is at least as good
as your existing server
- testing a website to verify that it will handle expected load

_Why this email?_

I'm continuing to work on RWB (adding POST and GET functionality to
tests, adding the ability to test sessions, improving reporting, etc.), but
I've realized two things:
1) I don't have nearly enough time to do everything that I want to with =
it
2) I need to get more feedback from people about what else it should do.

To fix both of these problems, I've started an RWB mailing list
(details at http://rubyforge.org/mail/?group_id=3D1081 if you're
interested) where I'd like
to discuss the future of RWB, coordinate with other folks who'd like to wor=
on it, etc.. I've also added a survey, which you can fill out here:
http://rubyforge.org/survey/survey.php?group_id=3D1081&survey_id=3D31
(I'll try to keep surveys coming for people to provide quick feedback witho=
ut
needing to subscribe to the mailing list.)

_Why should you care?_

I intend to make RWB a very flexible, very capable, but easy to use
framework for testing the capacity and performance of all kinds of websites=