Safari/Cookies

Hollerman Geralyn M

Is anyone out there using the latest version of Safari on OS X? I'm
having a problem getting it to "see" the cookies my servlets generate.
Tomcat (5.0.16, 4.1.24) is my servlet container - it creates a session
id cookie, JSESSIONID, that Safari has no problem "seeing" - I can
verify the JSESSIONID cookie's existence by viewing the stored cookies.
Mozilla, Firefox, Netscape, and IE all show me the cookies I create,
(regardless of OS), but Safari on OS X will not - it shows that only the
cookie from Tomcat is created. I looked at the Tomcat source, and it
appears that my servlets are doing the same thing that Tomcat is when it
comes to putting a cookie in a response. I have heard that there have
been problems with Safari and cookies, but according to something I read
on the Apple site, the latest version of Safari (which I am
using)corrects the problem, and the patch for it was released this past
December. So that leaves me wondering why Tomcat's cookie is there but
the ones I've coded never seem to get created for Safari. Can anyone
offer any insight?

Thanks!

Lynn Hollerman.