Satellite Assembly

Brahmam

Hi,
Can any one tell me what is a satellite assembly and where do we use
this.

Thanks in advance,
BR

Richard Grimes

Brahmam said:
Hi,
Can any one tell me what is a satellite assembly and where do we
use this.

Thanks in advance,
BR

Satellites are explained on this page,

http://www.grimes.demon.co.uk/workshops/fusWSNine.htm

but you should really do the entire tutorial at:

http://www.grimes.demon.co.uk/workshops/fusionWS.htm

They are not really 'assemblies' in several respects: they do not
contain code and they are not loaded by Fusion, .NET's assembly loading
technology. Satellites contain localised resources and are loaded with
the ResourceManager class. An object of this class will determine the
culture that is required and will locate and load the satellite that has
resources for that culture. ResourceManager will even load the resource
from the satellite. If a suitable satellite is not available,
ResourceManager will determine the next best satellite.

Anyway, you'll find all the details in my tutorial.

Richard