    Thanks in Advance.
    Arun V.
    , Jul 2, 2008

  2. On Jul 2, 5:24 am, ""
    <> wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > This is Arun. I'm planning for the latest SCJP certification . Please
    > let me know the following for my preparation
    > 1. What is the latest version ?
    > 2. Syllabus and Pattern for the Exam
    > 3. Best Books and some Url's for Exam preparation
    >
    > Thanks in Advance.
    > Arun V.

    I'd recommend working towards your Google-fu just as you'd work
    towards the certification.

    http://www.sun.com/training/certification/java/scjp.xml

    This is the very first result when you Google scjp. Click on the
    hyperlinks based on the exam version for your answers. Also check out
    JavaRanch for resources and expert advice on Sun's certifications.

    -cheers,
    Manish
    Manish Pandit, Jul 2, 2008

  3. Evans Guest

    On 2 Jul, 13:24, "" <>
    wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > This is Arun. I'm planning for the latest SCJP certification . Please
    > let me know the following for my preparation
    > 1. What is the latest version ?
    > 2. Syllabus and Pattern for the Exam
    > 3. Best Books and some Url's for Exam preparation
    >
    > Thanks in Advance.
    > Arun V.

    You don't need anyone to tell you the latest version and what topics
    to read for the exam.
    I thought those things were covered on Sun website that deals with
    certifications....
    Go do a bit of research yourself on their site and, if you still don't
    know that topics to cover, I would suggest you save your money and do
    something else.

    Evans
    http://www.javawug.org
    Evans, Jul 3, 2008
  4. thufir Guest

    On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 12:30:26 -0700, Manish Pandit wrote:

    > I'd recommend working towards your Google-fu just as you'd work towards
    > the certification.
    >
    > http://www.sun.com/training/certification/java/scjp.xml

    I, for one, am disappointed at the lack of certification groups.

    -Thufir
    thufir, Jul 5, 2008
  5. "thufir" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 12:30:26 -0700, Manish Pandit wrote:
    >
    >> I'd recommend working towards your Google-fu just as you'd work towards
    >> the certification.
    >>
    >> http://www.sun.com/training/certification/java/scjp.xml

    > I, for one, am disappointed at the lack of certification groups.
    >
    > -Thufir

    I assume you mean where you can get tested? Your mileage would obviously
    vary depending on where you are, sure. However, I'm guessing the coverage is
    pretty good. I checked out Prometric testing sites for the Java SE 5
    certification, and found 4 sites in Nova Scotia (where I live), and two in
    Estonia (where my parents are from). In addition, I found 2 in Angola, 2 in
    Papua New Guinea, 5 in Yemen. There's one in Afghanistan even, assuming you
    survive the trip to Kabul.

    Admittedly you might have to travel a bit, and fork out some semi-serious
    cash for the trip, but for a certification of this kind one should keep the
    context in mind - it's not a flimsy piece of paper for a one-week
    correspondence course. You can't expect the exam to be administered
    electronically, any more than you'd want students writing a university final
    exam to get to do it at home.

    AHS
    Arved Sandstrom, Jul 5, 2008
  6. thufir Guest

    On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 10:40:21 +0000, Arved Sandstrom wrote:

    >> I, for one, am disappointed at the lack of certification groups.
    >>
    >> -Thufir

    > I assume you mean where you can get tested? Your mileage would obviously
    > vary depending on where you are, sure. However, I'm guessing the
    > coverage is pretty good. I checked out Prometric testing sites for the
    > Java SE 5 certification, and found 4 sites in Nova Scotia (where I
    > live), and two in Estonia (where my parents are from). In addition, I
    > found 2 in Angola, 2 in Papua New Guinea, 5 in Yemen. There's one in
    > Afghanistan even, assuming you survive the trip to Kabul.

    Heh. I was referring more to something like a "Java Users Group" where
    others are studying for the SCJP and so forth, together.

    -Thufir
    thufir, Jul 6, 2008