scripting lib (reusable functions)

Josaz

Any Idea why
<!---#Include file="mytools.asp"--->
only works in default pages folder
if i try to put my mytools.asp (Scripts) in different folder
such as scriptslib folder call it from it as follow
<!---#Include file="../scriptlib/mytools.asp"--->
my asp page don't work.

explain

virtual root
pages -> inside there is a folder called <foruseronly>
<scriptlib>
mytools.asp

<tree>
<pages>
< foruseronly>
my asp pages

this won't work
<!---#Include file="../scriptlib/mytools.asp"--->
this works
<!---#Include file="mytools.asp"--->

any idea
TIA

Jeff Cochran

Any Idea why
<!---#Include file="mytools.asp"--->
only works in default pages folder
if i try to put my mytools.asp (Scripts) in different folder
such as scriptslib folder call it from it as follow
<!---#Include file="../scriptlib/mytools.asp"--->
my asp page don't work.

What exactly do you mean by "don't work"? What platform (OS version)
are you on? Installed the IIS Lockdown or URLScan without allowing
dots in patchs, or haven't enabled parent paths?

Jeff

josaz

OS=2003
IIS=6.0
Root = wwwroot
but my virtual Directory is not wwwroot
is ABCRoot per saying one folder out of the wwwroot

is looks like permission right to me
but not quite sure.

thanks

Dominic Marsat

I think you'd probably receive a http status code
listing the error number (i.e. 401), if it was related
to permissions.

Have you changed the default settings in IIS?

It would be helpful if you could copy the error
message you're receiving. It will help identify
the problem.

Jeff Cochran

OS=2003
IIS=6.0
Root = wwwroot
but my virtual Directory is not wwwroot
is ABCRoot per saying one folder out of the wwwroot

is looks like permission right to me
but not quite sure.

Again, did you enable parent paths?

Jeff