Scrolling a Layer Horizontally

Keith

Is it possible to scroll a layer horizontally?

I have a popup which has on it some information about the specific item
requested and on the bottom of the popup I want to have a horizontal list of
images to click on.

I set a layer up and put my images in, but it will not give me a horizintal
scroll-bar.

SpaceGirl

Keith said:
Is it possible to scroll a layer horizontally?

I have a popup which has on it some information about the specific item
requested and on the bottom of the popup I want to have a horizontal list of
images to click on.

I set a layer up and put my images in, but it will not give me a horizintal
scroll-bar.

you can add scrollbars to a layer (div) using the following:

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Keith

SpaceGirl said:
you can add scrollbars to a layer (div) using the following:

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Thanks

Is it possible to completely hide the vertical scrollbar and only show the
horizontal one?

Steve Pugh

SpaceGirl said:
Sadly no... :/

Actually, yes. But.....
.... only with non-standard IE-specific code.

overflow: auto; for the real browsers and
overflow-x: scroll; overflow-y: hidden; for IE will lead to horizontal
scrollbars only in IE and both scrollbars in other browsers.

If non-standard code is acceptable in your project then this will
deliver the lok you want to a large proportion of the audience and a
usable fallback look to the rest.

Steve

SpaceGirl

Steve said:
Actually, yes. But.....
... only with non-standard IE-specific code.

overflow: auto; for the real browsers and
overflow-x: scroll; overflow-y: hidden; for IE will lead to horizontal
scrollbars only in IE and both scrollbars in other browsers.

If non-standard code is acceptable in your project then this will
deliver the lok you want to a large proportion of the audience and a
usable fallback look to the rest.

Steve

Yep! I forgot about that.

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

DU

Steve said:
Actually, yes. But.....
... only with non-standard IE-specific code.

overflow: auto; for the real browsers and
overflow-x: scroll; overflow-y: hidden; for IE will lead to horizontal
scrollbars only in IE and both scrollbars in other browsers.

-moz-scrollbars-horizontal: scroll; -moz-scrollbars-vertical: hidden;
for Mozilla versions prior to 1.8a3.
After 1.8a3, Mozilla supports CSS3 WD overflow-x and overflow-y properties.

DU