    images to click on.

    I set a layer up and put my images in, but it will not give me a horizintal
    scroll-bar.
    Keith, Oct 4, 2004

  2. Keith

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Keith wrote:
    > Is it possible to scroll a layer horizontally?
    >
    > I have a popup which has on it some information about the specific item
    > requested and on the bottom of the popup I want to have a horizontal list of
    > images to click on.
    >
    > I set a layer up and put my images in, but it will not give me a horizintal
    > scroll-bar.

    you can add scrollbars to a layer (div) using the following:

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Oct 4, 2004

  3. Keith

    Keith Guest

    "SpaceGirl" <> wrote in message
    > Keith wrote:
    >> Is it possible to scroll a layer horizontally?
    >>
    >> I have a popup which has on it some information about the specific item
    >> requested and on the bottom of the popup I want to have a horizontal list
    >> of images to click on.
    >>
    >> I set a layer up and put my images in, but it will not give me a
    >> horizintal scroll-bar.

    > you can add scrollbars to a layer (div) using the following:

    > --
    >

    > x theSpaceGirl (miranda)
    >
    > # lead designer @ http://www.dhnewmedia.com #
    > # remove NO SPAM to email, or use form on website #

    Thanks

    Is it possible to completely hide the vertical scrollbar and only show the
    horizontal one?
    Keith, Oct 4, 2004
  4. Keith

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Keith wrote:
    > "SpaceGirl" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Keith wrote:
    >>
    >>>Is it possible to scroll a layer horizontally?
    >>>
    >>>I have a popup which has on it some information about the specific item
    >>>requested and on the bottom of the popup I want to have a horizontal list
    >>>of images to click on.
    >>>
    >>>I set a layer up and put my images in, but it will not give me a
    >>>horizintal scroll-bar.

    >>you can add scrollbars to a layer (div) using the following:

    >>--
    >>

    >>x theSpaceGirl (miranda)
    >>
    >># lead designer @ http://www.dhnewmedia.com #
    >># remove NO SPAM to email, or use form on website #

    > Thanks
    >
    > Is it possible to completely hide the vertical scrollbar and only show the
    > horizontal one?

    Sadly no... :/

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Oct 4, 2004
  5. Keith

    Steve Pugh Guest

    SpaceGirl <> wrote:
    >Keith wrote:

    >>>you can add scrollbars to a layer (div) using the following:

    >> Is it possible to completely hide the vertical scrollbar and only show the
    >> horizontal one?

    >Sadly no... :/

    Actually, yes. But.....
    .... only with non-standard IE-specific code.

    overflow: auto; for the real browsers and
    overflow-x: scroll; overflow-y: hidden; for IE will lead to horizontal
    scrollbars only in IE and both scrollbars in other browsers.

    If non-standard code is acceptable in your project then this will
    deliver the lok you want to a large proportion of the audience and a
    usable fallback look to the rest.

    Steve
    Steve Pugh, Oct 4, 2004
  6. Keith

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Steve Pugh wrote:
    > SpaceGirl <> wrote:
    >
    >>Keith wrote:

    >>>Is it possible to completely hide the vertical scrollbar and only show the
    >>>horizontal one?

    >>Sadly no... :/

    > Actually, yes. But.....
    > ... only with non-standard IE-specific code.
    >
    > overflow: auto; for the real browsers and
    > overflow-x: scroll; overflow-y: hidden; for IE will lead to horizontal
    > scrollbars only in IE and both scrollbars in other browsers.
    >
    > If non-standard code is acceptable in your project then this will
    > deliver the lok you want to a large proportion of the audience and a
    > usable fallback look to the rest.
    >
    > Steve

    Yep! I forgot about that.

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Oct 5, 2004
  7. Keith

    DU Guest

    Steve Pugh wrote:
    > SpaceGirl <> wrote:
    >
    >>Keith wrote:

    >>>Is it possible to completely hide the vertical scrollbar and only show the
    >>>horizontal one?

    >>Sadly no... :/

    > Actually, yes. But.....
    > ... only with non-standard IE-specific code.
    >
    > overflow: auto; for the real browsers and
    > overflow-x: scroll; overflow-y: hidden; for IE will lead to horizontal
    > scrollbars only in IE and both scrollbars in other browsers.

    -moz-scrollbars-horizontal: scroll; -moz-scrollbars-vertical: hidden;
    for Mozilla versions prior to 1.8a3.
    After 1.8a3, Mozilla supports CSS3 WD overflow-x and overflow-y properties.

    DU
    --
    The site said to use Internet Explorer 5 or better... so I switched to
    Mozilla 1.7.3 :)

    DU, Oct 5, 2004