    This guy is a really nice bloke and I am sure you can all try and do your
    bit to make his page work.

    Tina G.
    Tina Golding, Feb 13, 2006

  2. Tina Golding

    Guest

    Tina Golding wrote:
    > Hello group,
    >
    > A friend of mine has created a webpage that searches Google but has a little
    > Xtra added.
    > he has not asked me to promote his site in any way but I just thought it is
    > such a good page I would share it here.
    > The address of the page is http://www.

    Sounds like spam, looks like spam, smells like spam.

    --
    Hywel
    , Feb 13, 2006

  3. Tina Golding

    Tina Golding Guest

    wrote:
    > Tina Golding wrote:
    >> Hello group,
    >>
    >> A friend of mine has created a webpage that searches Google but has a little
    >> Xtra added.
    >> he has not asked me to promote his site in any way but I just thought it is
    >> such a good page I would share it here.
    >> The address of the page is http://www.

    > Sounds like spam, looks like spam, smells like spam.

    Spam? Sorry you feel like that... He isn't trying to sell you anything,
    he's a very good friend of mine and I just thought I would try to raise
    the profile of his new page thats all.

    --
    My homepage is set to
    http://wired2blow.co.uk/search/googlex.php
    Tina Golding, Feb 13, 2006
  4. Tina Golding

    Paul Watt Guest

    "Tina Golding" <> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >> Tina Golding wrote:
    >>> Hello group,
    >>>
    >>> A friend of mine has created a webpage that searches Google but has a
    >>> little
    >>> Xtra added.
    >>> he has not asked me to promote his site in any way but I just thought it
    >>> is
    >>> such a good page I would share it here.
    >>> The address of the page is http://www.

    >> Sounds like spam, looks like spam, smells like spam.
    >>

    > Spam? Sorry you feel like that... He isn't trying to sell you anything,
    > he's a very good friend of mine and I just thought I would try to raise
    > the profile of his new page thats all.
    >
    > --
    > My homepage is set to

    I hope he got googles permission to use there logo?
    Paul Watt, Feb 13, 2006
  5. Tina Golding

    Steve Pugh Guest

    Tina Golding wrote:

    > A friend of mine has created a webpage that searches Google but has a little
    > Xtra added.

    What Xtra (sic) ? All I see is normal Google AdSense websearch results.
    Could you explain why we should use this page rather than google
    itself?

    > he has not asked me to promote his site in any way but I just thought it is
    > such a good page I would share it here.
    >
    > This guy is a really nice bloke

    If he's such a nice bloke and a friend of yours why are you going
    behind his back and doing the one thing he's asked you not to do?

    > and I am sure you can all try and do your
    > bit to make his page work.

    Which is what? What do we need to do to make his page work?

    Steve
    Steve Pugh, Feb 13, 2006
  6. Tina Golding wrote:

    > Hello group,
    >
    > A friend of mine has created a webpage that

    ...says it is copyright by Google?

    > This guy is a really nice bloke and I am sure you can all try and do your
    > bit to make his page work.

    <ROF,L>

    I'll do my bit and enroll him in a web design school...

    http://k75s.home.att.net/show/wired2blow.jpg

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 13, 2006
  7. In article <xwZHf.42377$>, tina.golding1
    @ntlworld.com says...
    > wrote:
    > > Tina Golding wrote:
    > >> Hello group,
    > >>
    > >> A friend of mine has created a webpage that searches Google but has a little
    > >> Xtra added.
    > >> he has not asked me to promote his site in any way but I just thought it is
    > >> such a good page I would share it here.
    > >> The address of the page is http://www.

    > > Sounds like spam, looks like spam, smells like spam.
    > >

    > Spam?

    Yup.

    > Sorry you feel like that...

    Don't be.

    > He isn't trying to sell you anything,

    Hmmm. I bet.

    > he's a very good friend of mine and I just thought I would try to raise
    > the profile of his new page thats all.

    It's still spam. What does your "friend's" site offer that google.co*
    doesn't?

    --

    Hywel
    http://kibo.org.uk/
    Hywel Jenkins, Feb 13, 2006
  8. Tina Golding

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    "Steve Pugh" <> wrote:

    > > he has not asked me to promote his site in any way but I just thought it is
    > > such a good page I would share it here.
    > >
    > > This guy is a really nice bloke

    > If he's such a nice bloke and a friend of yours why are you going
    > behind his back and doing the one thing he's asked you not to do?

    Well, I can understand your irritation, but this nice bloke is
    not reported as having asked his friend to not promote his site,
    he is reported as not having asked her to promote it, a very
    different thing.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Feb 14, 2006
  9. Tina Golding

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Tina Golding wrote:
    >
    >> Hello group,
    >>
    >> A friend of mine has created a webpage that

    > ..says it is copyright by Google?
    >
    >> This guy is a really nice bloke and I am sure you can all try and do your
    >> bit to make his page work.

    > <ROF,L>
    >
    > I'll do my bit and enroll him in a web design school...
    >
    > http://k75s.home.att.net/show/wired2blow.jpg

    Just curious, but what are you attempting to show with that image? the
    site looks fine on all of my browsers.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Feb 18, 2006
  10. Ed Mullen wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> http://k75s.home.att.net/show/wired2blow.jpg

    > Just curious, but what are you attempting to show with that image?
    > the site looks fine on all of my browsers.

    It is exactly as I see it, in multiple browsers. <shrug>
    When trying to see the individual images and trying to figure out why
    they do not display, I get results such as this, while using the image
    file names:

    banner
    Forbidden
    www.wired2blow.co.uk/images/FF-logo.gif

    Dunno. There isn't anything really unusual about my browsing environment
    other than I don't use Internet Exploder.

    Oh wait, let's try that. Hark! In IE, I see images! But not in any other
    browser [Firefox/Mozilla/Opera]. Don't know why.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 18, 2006
  11. Tina Golding

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>> http://k75s.home.att.net/show/wired2blow.jpg

    >> Just curious, but what are you attempting to show with that image?
    >> the site looks fine on all of my browsers.

    > It is exactly as I see it, in multiple browsers. <shrug>
    > When trying to see the individual images and trying to figure out why
    > they do not display, I get results such as this, while using the image
    > file names:
    >
    > banner
    > Forbidden
    > www.wired2blow.co.uk/images/FF-logo.gif
    >
    > Dunno. There isn't anything really unusual about my browsing environment
    > other than I don't use Internet Exploder.
    >
    > Oh wait, let's try that. Hark! In IE, I see images! But not in any other
    > browser [Firefox/Mozilla/Opera]. Don't know why.

    The source is a total mess but it relies heavily on javascript. Is it
    turned off in your browsers? I get the same "forbidden" 403 error if I
    right-click an image and choose "View image". I suspect he may be
    blocking saving images using javascript. Silly, really, since Mozilla
    browsers will save the files via the Page Info tool.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Feb 18, 2006
  12. Ed Mullen wrote:
    > The source is a total mess but it relies heavily on javascript. Is it
    > turned off in your browsers?

    Yes and No; doesn't work either way.

    > I get the same "forbidden" 403 error if I right-click an image and
    > choose "View image". I suspect he may be blocking saving images
    > using javascript. Silly, really, since Mozilla browsers will save
    > the files via the Page Info tool.

    I don't think I care anymore. :)

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 18, 2006
  13. Tina Golding

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >> The source is a total mess but it relies heavily on javascript. Is it
    >> turned off in your browsers?

    > Yes and No; doesn't work either way.
    >
    >> I get the same "forbidden" 403 error if I right-click an image and
    >> choose "View image". I suspect he may be blocking saving images
    >> using javascript. Silly, really, since Mozilla browsers will save
    >> the files via the Page Info tool.

    > I don't think I care anymore. :)

    LOL. Ok, I guess I don't either! ;-)

    --