Securing HTML pages using asp.net

Vaibhav Shah

Hi,

Can we secure HTML pages on a web site using asp.net?

We have a requirement in which we want to display a login page before a
visitor can view any HTML page on our website.

WE have tried implementing HTML pages in a direcotry and seucring that
directory but still, if the visitor accesses the HTML page directly, using
URL, he can access this page.

can some suggest more solid way of securing html pages USING ASP.NET?

Thanks in Advance,

Vaibhav Shah

Lucas Tam

Can we secure HTML pages on a web site using asp.net?

You can use forms authentication to sure an ASP.NET site.
We have a requirement in which we want to display a login page before
a visitor can view any HTML page on our website.

In IIS Manager, you'll need to remap .html/.htm/.etc to the ASP.NET DLL -
this will allow ASP.NET to protect non-ASPX pages.

George

Several choices.

1. Map .html extension to .NET in IIS management console and write custom handler to server HTML pages.
2. Move all HTML pages to folder not accessible from internet (meaning can not access it by simply typing folder name in URL) and have an ASPX page that would read them as file and send back to browser.

George.