Security.config Cleared!

Patrick

I run a .NET Win forms test harness firing off a Class library that invokes
a WS-Security based web-service (using a policy file).

It works fine on WinXP Pro SP1 with .NET Framework 1.1 and WSE SP2.

However, on a Windows 2003 server with .NET Framework 1.1 and WSESP2, when
this.Invoke("WebServiceMethod", new object[] {order}); is invoked, the
Security.config file is "cleared" and I get an error:

WSE453: An error was encountered loading or parsing the policy document in
the following file: d:\web\securitypolicy\securitypolicy.config.

I am completely lost how/why that could be the case

On both WinXP and windows2003, the app is run as a local administrator

Dilip Krishnan

Hello Patrick,
May sound bizzare but try this... Copy the file contents to clipboard
and paste it in the policy file in the server and save it and see if it works.
I've found when you copy a config file sometimes it introduces control characters
in the policy files.

HTH
Regards,
Dilip Krishnan