select.poll and winXP

John Pote

Hi all,

I have the standard Python 2.4.4 windows download installed on my win XP
box. But the poll class in module select is not available. The docs indicate
that it can work with windows as long as only sockets are used which is fine
for me.

Is there a reason it's not in the standard build, can I use it if I re
compile the 'select' module from the source?

Thanks for any help anyone can give

John

Gabriel Genellina

I have the standard Python 2.4.4 windows download installed on my win XP
box. But the poll class in module select is not available. The docs
indicate
that it can work with windows as long as only sockets are used which is
fine
for me.

On Windows you only have select.select
Is there a reason it's not in the standard build, can I use it if I re
compile the 'select' module from the source?

poll() is not implemented on Windows so unless you write a replacement,
you won't gain anything just by recompiling.