sending mail

Guest

I have an ASP.NET application using .NET Framework 1.1 running on a Windows
2003 server. The application uses SMTP to send emails.

My source code is as follows:

Dim a As New MailMessage()
a.From = "(e-mail address removed)"
a.To = "(e-mail address removed)"
a.Subject = "Hello"
a.BodyFormat = MailFormat.Text
a.Body = "Test message"
SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "mail.domain.com" '"202.157.142.31"
SmtpMail.Send(a)

The error occurs as follows:

The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response
was: 553 sorry, that domain isn't allowed to be relayed thru this MTA (#5.7.1)

Any help me to correct the error.

Przemek Mañkowski

The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response
was: 553 sorry, that domain isn't allowed to be relayed thru this MTA (#5.7.1)

Any help me to correct the error.

Hi
This error in main opinion is bad relay option on mailserver. Contact with
your admin, he add your domain into config file and I thing will good ;-)

Elton Wang

I have an ASP.NET application using .NET Framework 1.1 running on a Windows
2003 server. The application uses SMTP to send emails.

My source code is as follows:

Dim a As New MailMessage()
a.From = "(e-mail address removed)"
a.To = "(e-mail address removed)"
a.Subject = "Hello"
a.BodyFormat = MailFormat.Text
a.Body = "Test message"
SmtpMail.SmtpServer
= "mail.domain.com" '"202.157.142.31"
SmtpMail.Send(a)

The error occurs as follows:

The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response
was: 553 sorry, that domain isn't allowed to be relayed thru this MTA (#5.7.1)

Any help me to correct the error.

.

Hi Sona,

Exchange Server only allows authenticated user to sent
email. So you have to setup authentication:
a.Fields.Add
("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpauthen
ticate", "1"); //basic authentication
a.Fields.Add