Server Error -- Machine.config

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jeff, Nov 5, 2003.

  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    Okay, I'm having an issue that pops up on occasion on some of my
    Developer's boxes, and now on our server... It's difficult to pinpoint
    what is causing the error, but it seems to occur when changing the
    database that the application is pointing to (when we change from a
    Test database to a Staging database for instance, mind you the
    database structure is the same.. just the data is different)

    I receive this error when trying to visit my web app:
    The located assembly's manifest definition with name 'Online' does not
    match the assembly reference

    It points to a line in the Machine.Config file:

    Line 258: <add assembly="*"/>
    Line 259: </assemblies>

    There are no changes to the Machine.Config... it's standard.. and
    other apps on the machine continue to function... So i'm pretty sure
    that there isn't really an issue with my machine.config...
    The only solution that seems to fix this is re-booting the machine...

    Any ideas? Help? I can't sit there re-booting my server all day with
    people connecting to it..

    jeffpriz

    Jeff, Nov 5, 2003