    Event ID: 1084
    Date: 10/27/2003
    Time: 9:19:58 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: SHAHZADPC
    aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the
    failure is 80004005. This error can be caused when the
    worker process account has insufficient rights to read
    the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the .NET
    Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the
    installation directory allow access to the configured
    account.

    wat shud i do
    it was woeking well previously,suddenly this error has
    started teasing me
    shahzad, Oct 27, 2003

  2. check out this faq
    http://www.extremeexperts.com/Net/FAQ/ServerApplicationUnavailable.aspx

    --
    Saravana
    Microsoft MVP - ASP.NET

    Saravana [MVP], Oct 27, 2003

  3. Did you recently apply an IE security update to XP?

    http://www.asp.net/faq/ms03-32-Issue.aspx

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Oct 27, 2003
  4. shahzad

    Guest Guest

    i have made the changes but im still geting the smae msg
    i have win2K profesional wid VS.net 2003
    plz temme how can i remove asp.net
    i want to reinstall it
    i have reinstalled the vs.net
    but there is nothing different
    i have tried ur articles as well

    Guest, Oct 27, 2003
  5. shahzad

    shahzad Guest

    i have fixed it by garace of ALLAH
    ihave done the following steps
    1)create accnt named aspdemo
    2)added this users group
    3)gave it "log on as batch job" right
    4)add this accnt and passowrd in processmodel section of
    machine.config file
    5)restarted the PC
    u always restart ur machine ater making changes in
    machine.config in order for these changes to be efective

    shahzad, Oct 29, 2003