    Session expiring immediately. what could be the reason ?

    Thanks,
    Krish

    Krish, Dec 4, 2003

  2. Krish

    Ray at Guest

    Cookies not enabled? Enable session state turned off in the application
    config options in IIS?

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Dec 4, 2003

  3. Krish

    Rob Meade Guest

    "Ray at <%=sLocation%>" wrote ...

    > Cookies not enabled? Enable session state turned off in the application
    > config options in IIS?

    They gotta be enabled client side Ray - like the usual .txt file cookies etc
    for session variables?

    Regards

    Rob

    Rob Meade, Dec 4, 2003
  4. Krish

    Ray at Guest

    Yes, cookies have to be enabled, although I thought I heard rumors of IE or
    another browser having an option to disable cookies but still allowing
    session cookies from sites. ? I've never seen that option though, but I
    haven't ever really looked for it either.

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Dec 4, 2003
  5. Krish

    Rob Meade Guest

    "Ray at <%=sLocation%>" wrote ...

    > Yes, cookies have to be enabled, although I thought I heard rumors of IE

    or
    > another browser having an option to disable cookies but still allowing
    > session cookies from sites. ? I've never seen that option though, but I
    > haven't ever really looked for it either.

    'kin ell - wasn't fully aware of this - so hypothetically on all of my
    applications that have a login and use session variables I should perhaps
    have a little comment "Please ensure cookies are enabled" etc etc...

    Learn something new every day!

    Rob

    Rob Meade, Dec 4, 2003
  6. Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Dec 4, 2003
  7. > Yes, cookies have to be enabled, although I thought I heard rumors of IE
    or
    > another browser having an option to disable cookies but still allowing
    > session cookies from sites. ?

    Not exactly, you can control permanent cookies and session cookies
    independently, but you can't "disable cookies" in general, yet "allow
    session cookies" at the same time...

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Dec 4, 2003
  8. Krish

    Ray at Guest

    Yep, there it is. Thanks WilliamTasso.com.

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Dec 4, 2003