Sessions not retained in Firefox/Safari

Chris Mahoney

Hi

I'm using several Sessions in my app. When the user has cookies enabled in
their browser, everything works fine. But with cookies disabled, only IE
seems to remember the sessions. In Firefox and Safari, the session values
seem to be "forgotten".

I've looked around on Google but can't find any solutions to this problem.
Plus I don't know how debug with Firefox (eg. step through the code).

So, basically I have two questions:
1. Any idea why non-IE browsers are losing their sessions when cookies are
disabled?
2. How can I step through code using non-IE browsers?

Thanks
Chris

Bruce Barker

by default session support requires cookies (you must not haver cookies off
in IE, chck the zone, and be sure cookies are disabled for that zone).

you can use cookieless sessions, (see web config), but this munge the
session id into the url, so your urls look like

mysite.com/applicaion/numericsessionid/page.aspx

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Chris Mahoney

I took a different approach to the problem and now having everything working
the way it should. Thanks for your help anyway.

Chris

Joined
Aug 14, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Similar Problem

Hi Chris,

I am facing similar problem, we are using cookieless session and if cookies are disabled in Firefox or Opera, then cookies are not available at all. Sessions are available but we are trying to authenticate user in Application_Authenticate event of Global.asax, which don't have access to session variables...

Any idea how to fix this problem, it is working fine in IE, even if cookies are disabled.
Thanks
Aatif