"SetCSetConsoleMode failed" message

Barge Bill

I'm using a plain vanilla install. But during a debug session, I
always get the message below.

"SetConsoleMode failed,LastError=|6| at
:/Perl/site/lib/Term/ReadKey.pm line 265."

perl5db.pl version 1.28

The sessions runs normally, except I cannot get the "R" command to
force a rerun of the program, ever.

It's annoying because it adds several lines to the debug report.

Bill

Henry Law

Barge said:
I'm using a plain vanilla install. But during a debug session, I
always get the message below.

"SetConsoleMode failed,LastError=|6| at
:/Perl/site/lib/Term/ReadKey.pm line 265."

perl5db.pl version 1.28

But which Perl? Is it Activestate (Windows)? If so then

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/ppm/2088972

will tell you that setting the TERM environment variable to "dumb" will
cure the problem. (Set the environment variable persistently via the
"System" applet in the Control Panel.)

Barge Bill

Thanks, Henry. I never would have figured that one out on my own. I
made the change, as ADMIN, to the DOS environment, adding the TERM
variable as you suggested. The problem went away

Again, thanks,

Bill.