    force a rerun of the program, ever.

    It's annoying because it adds several lines to the debug report.

    Bill

    Barge Bill, Sep 24, 2005

  2. Barge Bill

    Henry Law Guest

    Barge Bill wrote:
    > I'm using a plain vanilla install. But during a debug session, I
    > always get the message below.
    >
    > "SetConsoleMode failed,LastError=|6| at
    > :/Perl/site/lib/Term/ReadKey.pm line 265."
    >
    > perl5db.pl version 1.28

    But which Perl? Is it Activestate (Windows)? If so then

    http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/ppm/2088972

    will tell you that setting the TERM environment variable to "dumb" will
    cure the problem. (Set the environment variable persistently via the
    "System" applet in the Control Panel.)

    Henry Law, Sep 25, 2005

  3. Barge Bill

    Barge Bill Guest

    Thanks, Henry. I never would have figured that one out on my own. I
    made the change, as ADMIN, to the DOS environment, adding the TERM
    variable as you suggested. The problem went away

    Again, thanks,

    Bill.

    Barge Bill, Oct 3, 2005