Setting properties in design view

How can I set the properties of a control in design view (in VS2005) when
the control is inside another control (e.g. a table or a gridview)? I can
only select the table but not the control inside of it. Further, inside
controls aren't listed in the Properties drop down list either.

Thanks.

Riki

J said:
How can I set the properties of a control in design view (in VS2005)
when the control is inside another control (e.g. a table or a
gridview)? I can only select the table but not the control inside of
it. Further, inside controls aren't listed in the Properties drop
down list either.
Thanks.

In a table, you CAN select any control inside it.

In a gridview, you need to select "Template editing" first in the gridview's
smart menu, and then select the template containing your control.