Setting up a simple, single UID FTP folder in IIS6

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Groove, Nov 8, 2006.

  1. Groove

    Groove Guest

    Does anyone in here have experience setting up a very basic type of FTP site
    on a Windows 2003 II6 Server? If so, I'd appreciate some help.

    We have a dedicated web server which I can change at will and I would like
    users who have the correct UID & PWD to be able to type something
    ftp://www.mywebsite.com/ftp/ in Windows Explorer and drag, drop, copy,
    paste, delete, etc. files in this selected folder ("ftp").

    I created a new FTP Site in IIS and I pointed this "site" to a folder in our
    web site which is www.drpt.virginia.gov/ftp/ . I permitted a single user
    account I created called "drpt-ftp" to have access to it and removed
    anonymous access. When I type ftp://www.drpt.virginia.gov/ftp/ into Windows
    Explorer, I'm told "the system cannot find the specified file". File?? Huh?
    If I allow anonymous access, which seems like a real bad idea, I'm actually
    prompted for a UID & PWD on the client side.

    Here's a screen shot of both sides:
    http://www.drpt.virginia.gov/screenshots.gif

    I'm certainly no network admin so I'd appreciate any assistance. Thanks for
    your help.

    Groove, Nov 8, 2006