Setting up FTP access for web application

Guest

Hi

my colleague and I are working concurrently on an ASP.NET application. While this may not be recommendable we share all files via the deployment machine, i.e. not only the deployment files (.aspx, .htm, .config, .dll) reside on that machine but also the source code files (.cs, .resx, ...).

As we both need to access the files via Internet we have set up a FTP directory pointing to the web application folder. But since the web application requires the Internet Guest Account to having read permissions on that folder now anyone may access the folder via FTP... :-

Is there an alternative (but nevertheless easy) way to share our source code files? Should we set up a SourceSafe server which allows web access

Many thanks in advance
PontiMa

Joe Fallon

I use VSS over the Internet to an office 300 miles away.
It works fine using a VPN.
Be sure to disable Anti-Virus software scanning as it turns a 4 second
checkout into a 60 second check out.
(Or longer. God it was painful!!)
--
Joe Fallon