Sharepoint Profile Service - Stumped

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by SirCodesALot, Feb 28, 2008.

  1. SirCodesALot

    SirCodesALot Guest

    HI All,

    I am trying to read data from a Sharepoint web serivce using
    Javascript. However, the service always returns the error:
    "soap:ClientServer did not recognize the value of HTTP Header
    SOAPAction: http://microsoft.com/webservices/SharePointPortalServer/UserProfileService/GetInCommon"

    Anyone know what may be wrong, here is the xml call I am using:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:soap="http://
    schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
    <soap:Body>
    <GetInCommon xmlns="http://microsoft.com/webservices/
    SharePointPortalServer/UserProfileService">
    <accountName>domain\login</accountName>
    </GetInCommon>
    </soap:Body>
    </soap:Envelope>

    And the ajax part -- I will only post the import parts:

    var xmlHttpReq = getHTTPObject();
    var strSOAP = "http://microsoft.com/webservices/SharePointPortalServer/
    UserProfileService/GetInCommon";
    var strURL = "http://ourserver.com/sites/oursite/_vti_bin/
    userprofileservice.asmx"
    xmlHttpReq.open("POST", strURL, true);
    xmlHttpReq.setRequestHeader('Content-Type', 'text/xml;
    charset=utf-8');
    xmlHttpReq.setRequestHeader('Content-Length', strXML.length);
    xmlHttpReq.setRequestHeader('SOAPAction', strSOAP);
    xmlHttpReq.send(strXML);

    Any ideas?
    SirCodesALot, Feb 28, 2008

  2. SirCodesALot

    SirCodesALot Guest

    On Feb 28, 5:15 pm, SirCodesALot <> wrote:
    > HI All,
    >
    > I am trying to read data from a Sharepoint web serivce using
    > Javascript.  However, the service always returns the error:
    > "soap:ClientServer did not recognize the value of HTTP Header
    > SOAPAction:http://microsoft.com/webservices/SharePointPortalServer/UserProfileSe..."
    >
    > Anyone know what may be wrong, here is the xml call I am using:
    >
    > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    > <soap:Envelope xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
    > xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:soap="http://
    > schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
    >   <soap:Body>
    >     <GetInCommon xmlns="http://microsoft.com/webservices/
    > SharePointPortalServer/UserProfileService">
    >       <accountName>domain\login</accountName>
    >     </GetInCommon>
    >   </soap:Body>
    > </soap:Envelope>
    >
    > And the ajax part  -- I will only post the import parts:
    >
    > var xmlHttpReq = getHTTPObject();
    > var strSOAP = "http://microsoft.com/webservices/SharePointPortalServer/
    > UserProfileService/GetInCommon";
    > var strURL = "http://ourserver.com/sites/oursite/_vti_bin/
    > userprofileservice.asmx"
    >     xmlHttpReq.open("POST", strURL, true);
    >     xmlHttpReq.setRequestHeader('Content-Type', 'text/xml;
    > charset=utf-8');
    >     xmlHttpReq.setRequestHeader('Content-Length', strXML.length);
    >     xmlHttpReq.setRequestHeader('SOAPAction', strSOAP);
    >     xmlHttpReq.send(strXML);
    >
    > Any ideas?

    I found the problem.it wanted the value of the SoapAction: to be in
    qoutes!
    SirCodesALot, Feb 29, 2008