    aspx page referenced, so IIS doesn't know that it is supposed to
    activate some asp.net function.

    Hans Kesting

    Hans Kesting, Jun 14, 2004

  2. Hans Kesting

    adnan boz Guest

    Hi,
    So far I could understand ,u want to redirect a request.
    But, it has nothing todo with the ".net system".
    Make a default page (set it as default content page on IIS) to your "easy to
    remember" site,
    which will redirect the client with a Javascript (or Response.Redirect
    within cs if u need which will result the same) to your "difficult url".

    Good Luck
    Adnan

    "Hans Kesting" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Sometimes you see "shorcut url's" advertised of the form
    > //servername/directory (easy to remember), that will lead you to
    > somewhere within the site (to a possibly more difficult url)
    >
    > example: //www.microsoft.com/office leads to a different
    > url, specifically for Office.
    >
    > question: is it possible using asp.net to define such shortcut url's
    > that will lead the visitor to the "real" page?
    > I suspect that there is a problem activating the .net system as there is

    no

    adnan boz, Jun 14, 2004

  3. Hans Kesting

    Hans Kesting Guest

    Maybe I need to clarify a bit, see below

    "Hans Kesting" <> wrote in message news:eRo$...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Sometimes you see "shorcut url's" advertised of the form
    > //servername/directory (easy to remember), that will lead you to
    > somewhere within the site (to a possibly more difficult url)
    >
    > example: //www.microsoft.com/office leads to a different
    > url, specifically for Office.
    >
    > question: is it possible using asp.net to define such shortcut url's
    > that will lead the visitor to the "real" page?
    > I suspect that there is a problem activating the .net system as there is no
    > aspx page referenced, so IIS doesn't know that it is supposed to
    > activate some asp.net function.
    >
    > Hans Kesting

    Ultimately I want the webmaster to be able to go to some backoffice
    page, select a newsitem (or whatever) and "publish" it under a shortcut url.
    He can then say "go to http://mysite/mylatestnews" instead of
    "go to http://mysite/dir/default.aspx?module=news&newsid=<some impossible guid>"
    (where "mylatestnews" is NOT fixed, but a term he can specify himself)

    Hans Kesting

    Hans Kesting, Jun 14, 2004
  4. Hans Kesting

    Patrice Guest