    Any other ideas?

    thanks
    Stewart in Calgary
    Stewart Midwinter, Apr 14, 2004

  2. Stewart Midwinter wrote:
    > I'm looking for a simple python-based CMS (content management system),
    > maybe with some blog-like features, ability to add articles - nothing
    > too fancy. Do you have any suggestions?

    A friend of mine is working on one called MangoBery
    (http://sourceforge.net/projects/mangobery/), which is in use at several
    sites... not sure if it meets your needs, but take a look.

    > Stewart in Calgary

    MangoBery's developer is in BC, so if you need to chat with him the time
    zones won't screw you up. ;-)

    --
    Chris Herborth
    Documentation Overlord, CRYPTOCard Corp. http://www.cryptocard.com/
    Chris Herborth, Apr 14, 2004

  3. Chris Herborth wrote:

    > Stewart Midwinter wrote:
    >
    >> I'm looking for a simple python-based CMS (content management system),
    >> maybe with some blog-like features, ability to add articles - nothing
    >> too fancy. Do you have any suggestions?

    > A friend of mine is working on one called MangoBery
    > (http://sourceforge.net/projects/mangobery/), which is in use at several
    > sites... not sure if it meets your needs, but take a look.

    Oh, wait, I just checked... it's written in PHP, which may or may not be a
    problem for you. Sorry about that!

    Chris Herborth, Apr 14, 2004
  4. Stewart Midwinter

    Derek Guest

    what about squishdot? I believe that sits under plone.

    Derek, Apr 16, 2004
  5. I use CoreBlog (http://coreblog.org/) for my blog
    (http://zope.vex.net/~mcfletch/plumbing/), it's very easy to use. Just
    a product sitting in Zope, no CMS facilities (i.e. no workflow
    mechanisms) that I've seen, but then you probably wouldn't want that for
    something simple and blog-like.

    Have fun,
    Mike

    >"Stewart Midwinter" <> wrote in message
    >

    >>I'm looking for a simple python-based CMS (content management system),
    >>maybe with some blog-like features, ability to add articles - nothing
    >>too fancy. Do you have any suggestions?
    >>
    >>I've looked at Zope / Plone: very easy to install using the rpm I
    >>found. But it's obviously quite complex and powerful, which is no
    >>doubt of benefit on a site that has many users. But I'm just one
    >>person. All I want is a pythonic replacement for my current tool,
    >>postNuke.

    Mike C. Fletcher
    Designer, VR Plumber, Coder
    http://members.rogers.com/mcfletch/