Simple pyhon-based CMS

Stewart Midwinter

I'm looking for a simple python-based CMS (content management system),
maybe with some blog-like features, ability to add articles - nothing
too fancy. Do you have any suggestions?

I've looked at Zope / Plone: very easy to install using the rpm I
found. But it's obviously quite complex and powerful, which is no
doubt of benefit on a site that has many users. But I'm just one
person. All I want is a pythonic replacement for my current tool,
postNuke.

I looked at NewzBruiser: this would probably be simple enough, maybe
even too simple, but it requires that I enable SSI support on Apache,
something I seem to be unable to accomplish (I run SME server from
contribs.org and it uses a byzantine templating system for its
configuring, which leaves me in the dark on how to modify httpd.conf
there).

Any other ideas?

thanks
Stewart in Calgary

Chris Herborth

Stewart said:
I'm looking for a simple python-based CMS (content management system),
maybe with some blog-like features, ability to add articles - nothing
too fancy. Do you have any suggestions?

A friend of mine is working on one called MangoBery
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/mangobery/), which is in use at several
sites... not sure if it meets your needs, but take a look.
Stewart in Calgary

MangoBery's developer is in BC, so if you need to chat with him the time
zones won't screw you up. ;-)