SV: Choosing the right framework

Carsten Gehling

Fra: (e-mail address removed)
[mailto:p[email protected]]På vegne af Moshe Zadka
Sendt: 16. juli 2003 16:33
Why, did Apache's reverse proxy module stop working suddenly?

Sorry - you're right :) In fact this is also the way I would configure
Zope.
Note, however, that Twisted is *not* a web framework. It has a web
server, but writing in that raw is much like writing raw mod_python
code -- it's often useful, but most of the time, it is the wrong
level of abstraction. Twisted's "official" templating system is
Woven. However, Twisted also works with Quixote and it is quite possible
to adapt other frameworks to it. And lest I forget, webtk[0]
also runs on top of Twisted.

Ahh, now I didn't know this - YAFTR (Yet Another Framework To Research.....)
It, is, however, still strange to me why you rejected Plone so carelessly
as it *is*, actually, a CMS. Maybe you had good reasons too -- but until
you explain those reasons, it will be hard to guess whether they apply
to other web frameworks.

This may be due to pure lazyness. I looked at Plone for 3 days, and still
didn't "grasp it". Add to this a heavy burden of work.

I may be ignorant of major Plone issues, but here are my main "grudges"
against it (please bear in mind that I haven't researched Plone for more
than 3 days, and some of my arguments may look plain stupid ;-) :

<grudge>
1) I don't the idea, that the user authentication (login form) to managing
the content of the website is visible on the website's pages.

2) I want the content management interface to be similar to the one I
currently use in my own CMS. (One frame with a tree structure of the page
hierarki, one frame with the page displayed, and content editing forms as
popup windows).
</grudge>

- Carsten