    however, one page is longer than the screen's resolution. This causes
    the scroll bar to pop up and shifts the entire contents of the page to
    the left. Is there any way to stop this from happening?
    talkinggoat, Oct 3, 2007

  2. talkinggoat

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    talkinggoat <> wrote:

    > I have a problem with a site that shifts from page to page. I want to
    > make sure the the previous page's tables align with the following,
    > however, one page is longer than the screen's resolution. This causes
    > the scroll bar to pop up and shifts the entire contents of the page to
    > the left. Is there any way to stop this from happening?

    Yes there is. Make all the pages at least as long as the very
    longest page. You can do this without entering any visible
    content. You can also "force" scrollbars onto the pages that do
    not actually need them. Which do you fancy most?

    But if you do, you will expose certain things about your wanting
    this. Some people will rightly say you should stop wanting this,
    others will say that if you provided a url, you might be doing
    unwise things, which, if corrected, would make your problem go
    away.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Oct 3, 2007

  3. talkinggoat

    John L. Guest

    talkinggoat wrote:
    > I have a problem with a site that shifts from page to page. I want to
    > make sure the the previous page's tables align with the following,
    > however, one page is longer than the screen's resolution. This causes
    > the scroll bar to pop up and shifts the entire contents of the page to
    > the left. Is there any way to stop this from happening?

    Maybe, but what you should do instead is realise that the beauty of a
    web page lies in its ability to adapt to the multitude of factors you
    can't possibly control on the web - including whether or not the browser
    has a scrollbar. It does not lie in trying to force some kind of fixed
    ideal onto all of your visitors.
    John L., Oct 4, 2007
  4. talkinggoat

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 03 Oct 2007 20:16:33 GMT
    talkinggoat scribed:

    > I have a problem with a site that shifts from page to page. I want to
    > make sure the the previous page's tables align with the following,
    > however, one page is longer than the screen's resolution. This causes
    > the scroll bar to pop up and shifts the entire contents of the page to
    > the left. Is there any way to stop this from happening?

    There's possibly a number of ways that is possible, but without explicit
    info as provided by a url, it's impossible to list the possibilities.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Oct 4, 2007