Soap Question (WSDL)

Armin

Hey everyone,

I am trying to write a web app. that connects to flickr using SOAP. The
book 'Dive into python' says I need to have a WSDL file to connect,
while the only useful soap related url flickr api
(flickr.com/services/api) provides is the following:

The SOAP Server Endpoint URL is http://www.flickr.com/services/soap/

What am I supposed to do here? Help is very much appreciated at this
point.

Thanks,
Armin

Fredrik Lundh

Armin said:
I am trying to write a web app. that connects to flickr using SOAP. The
book 'Dive into python' says I need to have a WSDL file to connect,
while the only useful soap related url flickr api
(flickr.com/services/api) provides is the following:

The SOAP Server Endpoint URL is http://www.flickr.com/services/soap/

What am I supposed to do here? Help is very much appreciated at this
point.

any reason you cannot use one of the Python toolkits listed on this page ?

http://www.flickr.com/services/api/

(after all, if you find yourself stumbling on the first step, it might be better
to hitch a ride with someone else...)

</F>

Armin

Thanks for the comment everyone.

I was considering to write my own soap interface to Flickr as apposed
to use the ready to go libraries for Flickr as Fredrik pointed out. I
got to get FlickrClient to work. Nonetheless, I am excited to use soap
services for my needs.

Thanks for your support,
Armin