SOAP SDK deprecated - how to use .Net framework instead to call web service.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by bay_dar@yahoo.com, Oct 3, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I have a simple VBS script to call a function to call a web service.
    The web service is located in one of my asp.net applications in our
    internal network. The server and script are both internal, and the
    script will be called from a scheduled task

    What I want to do:
    set SOAPClient = createobject("MSSOAP.SOAPClient")
    SOAPClient.mssoapinit http://myserver/myfoler/myappname.asmx?WSDL
    SOAPClient.CallMyFunction()
    LogResults()

    But when I go to run the script on my Windows 2003 server I get the
    error:

    ActiveX component can't create object: 'MSSOAP.SoapClient'
    I find I needed to load up Soap SDK 3.0 on the server in order for it
    to work.

    So the question is what is an (simple) alternative way for me to run a
    script on Windows 2003 server. Using the VBS script was so simple, but
    we can't use the deprecated SOAP SDK where I work.

    Thanks

    , Oct 3, 2006