SOAP spec

Discussion in 'XML' started by news.comcast.net, Mar 5, 2006.

  1. after reading soap specification at w3c i have a few questions

    1) you can't use soap-envelope namespace with application specific
    <element>?

    since soap schema have not define namespace (env) can use with <MyElement>

    inside soap schema -->

    targetNamespace=http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope

    indicates that the elements defined by this schema are <Header>

    for example: <env:MyElement> --> we cannot use the envlope namespace with
    <MyElement>?

    note: <MyElement> is an element generate from my own application

    2) in soap schema we have

    xmlns:tns="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope"
    targetNamespace="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope"
    elementFormDefault="qualified">

    in soap request xml we can delcare using that namespace by

    <env:Envelope xmlns:env="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope">

    so all element with env namespace will follow rules in soap schema at
    http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope/
    is that correct?

    at the same time all element in My namespace will follow rules in my new
    schema that i define?

    3) the above is why we need namespace?

    for example -

    a) soap-envelope namespace is a set of elements includes <Envelope> <Header>

    b) WSDL namespace is for a set of elements <definitions> <types> <message>
    <portType> <binding> .. etc etc

    c) My own defined namespace is for a set of elements <MyElement> .. etc etc
    that i defined.

    so namespace can distinguish a set of elements in XML that's defined by
    different people?

    Thanks

    news.comcast.net, Mar 5, 2006

  2. You've posted essentially the same question four times in various
    usenet groups!

    steve_marjoribanks, Mar 5, 2006