SOAP / XML / JAXM? question

Chris Berg

Not having done any SOAP - XML programming before, I have to make some
seemingly simple calls to a SOAP server from a Java APP. I got a
fairly simple set of specs, which I don't quite understand. It looks
like this:

WSDL URL:
"http.//domain/.../../file.wsdl

Methods I shall call:
GetUserByName(some parmaters)
... plus some others

Response DTD:
<!ELEMENT scws (status, skum_users)>
<!ELEMENT status (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT scws_users ((user)*)>
etc. etc.

Now, I need to be pointed in the right direction. I am sure the
solution to all this is very simple, which propably means downloading
and installing some SUN Api, and calling a simple set of methods
there.

I just don't know where to start. I don't want to use weeks reading
through thick books from Amazon to solve this, - there must be a lot
more to SOAP than I need to know to solve this task.

Chris