SoftArtisans SMTPMail and XP

gregfocker

Has anyone tried using SMTPMail on a Windows XP Pro machine? The sys.
reqs. on their site only says W2K (and prior).

I've successfully registered SASMTP.dll, and simply trying to
instantiate it in Classic ASP with:

Dim objMailer
Set objMailer = CreateObject("SoftArtisans.SMTPMail")

results in an error:

Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A01AD)
ActiveX component can't create object: 'SoftArtisans.SMTPMail'
/test.asp, line 12

Any clues? Thanks.

gregfocker

I get the same problem with other objects, but I was able to resolve
this by DISABLING anonymous access on the Web site in IIS. I know this
is a permission issue with the IUSR_<machinename> account. Can anyone
tell me how to grant the right permission. I'm using XP Pro. This is
not an issue on another XP Pro machine, but I haven't been able to tell
what's the difference. Thanks for any help.