    Magazines and Read latest news and articles related to quality
    assurance
    , Aug 16, 2006

  2. writes:
    > Just found a very informative and interesting website about latest
    > information, news, tools and tips for software testing professionals
    > and quality assurance managers
    >
    > http://sftwr-tstng.crtfctn-tps.com
    >
    > The great thing is that you can subscribe to free Software Testing
    > Magazines and Read latest news and articles related to quality
    > assurance

    (I've removed most of the vowels from the URL to avoid giving the site
    any more advertising.)

    This appears to be an ongoing spam. Google Groups shows the same
    message posted to at least 8 newsgroups; the count changes when I
    refresh the search page. The poster is obvously affiliated with the
    site (there's evidence of this on the site itself).

    Keith Thompson, Aug 16, 2006

  3. On 2006-08-16, Keith Thompson <> wrote:
    > writes:
    >> Just found a very informative and interesting website about latest
    >> information, news, tools and tips for software testing professionals
    >> and quality assurance managers
    >>
    >> htftp:00\\sti62likew-tng684tac/74os.coldn-paso.cm
    >>
    >> The great thing is that you can subscribe to free Software Testing
    >> Magazines and Read latest news and articles related to quality
    >> assurance

    > (I've removed most of the vowels from the URL to avoid giving the site
    > any more advertising.)
    >
    > This appears to be an ongoing spam. Google Groups shows the same
    > message posted to at least 8 newsgroups; the count changes when I
    > refresh the search page. The poster is obvously affiliated with the
    > site (there's evidence of this on the site itself).

    I hate to respond to responses to spam, but in this case your vowel-
    removing convention doesn't disguise the URL at all. I mutilated it
    a bit more for you. (I probably went a bit overboard.)

    --
    Andrew Poelstra <http://www.wpsoftware.net/projects>
    To reach me by email, use `apoelstra' at the above domain.
    Andrew Poelstra, Aug 16, 2006
  4. Andrew Poelstra <> writes:
    [...]
    > I hate to respond to responses to spam, but in this case your vowel-
    > removing convention doesn't disguise the URL at all. I mutilated it
    > a bit more for you. (I probably went a bit overboard.)

    I figured that anybody who really wanted to find the URL would be able
    to do so. I just didn't want to make it too easy.

    Keith Thompson, Aug 16, 2006
  5. Chris Hills Guest

    In article <>, Keith Thompson <kst-

    http://software-testing.certification-tips.com

    >> The great thing is that you can subscribe to free Software Testing
    >> Magazines and Read latest news and articles related to quality
    >> assurance

    >(I've removed most of the vowels from the URL to avoid giving the site
    >any more advertising.)
    >
    >This appears to be an ongoing spam. Google Groups shows the same
    >message posted to at least 8 newsgroups; the count changes when I
    >refresh the search page. The poster is obvously affiliated with the
    >site (there's evidence of this on the site itself).

    I would agree with you. However... all of us advertise our own web
    sites. So I think his error was in the way he said "I have just found"
    If he had said "It is my web site" it would have been better.

    More to the point it is vendor neutral. He is not pushing a product or
    AFAICS commercial.

    My complaint is that it is, apart from the links to useful tools, rather
    content free. I think he should have put a bit (lot) more content on it
    before advertising it. However I think his intentions are good. I hope
    he gets it going and gets a decent amount of content. Though the layout
    is appalling.

    /\/\/ www.phaedsys.org \/\/\
    Chris Hills, Aug 16, 2006
  6. Chris Hills <> writes:
    > In article <>, Keith Thompson <kst-
    > > writes
    >> writes:
    >>> Just found a very informative and interesting website about latest
    >>> information, news, tools and tips for software testing professionals
    >>> and quality assurance managers
    >>>
    >>> http://sftwr-tstng.crtfctn-tps.com

    > [URL deleted]
    >>>
    >>> The great thing is that you can subscribe to free Software Testing
    >>> Magazines and Read latest news and articles related to quality
    >>> assurance

    >>(I've removed most of the vowels from the URL to avoid giving the site
    >>any more advertising.)
    >>
    >>This appears to be an ongoing spam. Google Groups shows the same
    >>message posted to at least 8 newsgroups; the count changes when I
    >>refresh the search page. The poster is obvously affiliated with the
    >>site (there's evidence of this on the site itself).

    > I would agree with you.

    Ok, you agree that it's spam. Why is there anything more to say?

    > However... all of us advertise our own web
    > sites.

    Not all of us are spammers.

    > So I think his error was in the way he said "I have just found"
    > If he had said "It is my web site" it would have been better.

    In my opinion, this was not an "error"; it was a typical spammer's
    lie.

    > More to the point it is vendor neutral. He is not pushing a product or
    > AFAICS commercial.

    So what? It was spam.

    Keith Thompson, Aug 16, 2006